8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am need a new set of tires. My factory ones are finally done and I would like to get a nice set without breaking the bank. What is everyone getting on their car? I am looking for a nice all around sporty tire and has good traction and decent life. I saw Hankook on tire rack which seemed resonable and got good ratings. Any opinions and or suggestions will be helpful and thanks in advance.

Jason

·
Registered
800 Posts
I just got the Hankook Ventus Evo12's and love them.

The ride is nice, they are quiet, and grip like crazy in wet and dry. Cheap too and have a mail in rebate going on now too (I think it ends tomorrow though).

Way better than the stock Michelins that were on my 08 FA5, and a little better than the Kumho SPT's that I had on there after that, and cheaper too!

·
Registered
792 Posts
I have the Falken FK452, 225/40/R18 on Mugen GPs and they are awesome. Great grip and good wear. Cost me about $700 for all 4 installed, which is a little pricey, but I would buy again.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got the Hankook Ventus Evo12's and love them.

The ride is nice, they are quiet, and grip like crazy in wet and dry. Cheap too and have a mail in rebate going on now too (I think it ends tomorrow though).

Way better than the stock Michelins that were on my 08 FA5, and a little better than the Kumho SPT's that I had on there after that, and cheaper too!
Those were the ones I was looking at. It seems everyone who has bought them has loved them. I am going to check out a few more before I buy.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I say Dunlop Star Specs, at $121 a tire, no other tire really compares in my opinion in terms of performance. However it is rated at 180 so it won't last AS long as some other tires.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
You don't really say what your intended use is - Daily driver? Summer tire? All-season tire? I have Sumitomo HTRZIII on my summer wheels and BFG Super Sport A/S on my winter wheels and both perform very well for their intended purpose. They are also more reasonably priced, which is important to me.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You don't really say what your intended use is - Daily driver? Summer tire? All-season tire? I have Sumitomo HTRZIII on my summer wheels and BFG Super Sport A/S on my winter wheels and both perform very well for their intended purpose. They are also more reasonably priced, which is important to me.
Good point. It will be a daily driver but I enjoy some spirited driving on the weekends. So a tire that will fit that category.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am putting Khumo Ecsta XS on my Si today, read good reviews on that tire, and will get them for $601 installed, includes tax and everything. Not a bad price I don't think.

-Jason

·
Registered
346 Posts
I just replaced mine Yokohama S drive 225/40/R17 stock rims. So far great traction dry and in rain. Got them on Discounttiredirect.com, Tire rack was out of stock. paid $108 but they had a $60 rebate Free shipping. last time I checked they were $99 on tire rack. I use them for DD so they work just fine so far.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts