8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

I had a blow-out today on the freeway. I have Hankook Ventus Sports on my 18" HFP wheels. I'm looking to replace them this week. What tire would you suggest? I'm looking for something fairly quiet. Thanks!

-chris

PS, here is my info: 215/40/18

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, Discount Tire is recommending Nitto NeoGens, Falken Ziex, and the same Hankook Ventus Sports.

·
faptasic... pew pew pew
58,558 Posts
i like the nitto neogens i have on my 18's (i have had two sets of 18's both wrapped in nittos). not much road noise from what i remember but i always have the music up so its hard to tell...

currently back on 17's for winter with goodyear eagle f1's and i cant complain about them. pricey but worth it IMO. some road noise but they are not broken in yet.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Why not get another Ventus if you already have all three that are Ventus or are you going to replace all of them?? And doesnt discount tires have a warranty about blow outs if you ordered your current tires from them??

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why not get another Ventus if you already have all three that are Ventus or are you going to replace all of them?? And doesnt discount tires have a warranty about blow outs if you ordered your current tires from them??
I could. I don't have the warranty though. They recommend that I buy at least two for proper wear. However, I have about 18k miles on them already. So, do you think I should just replace all 4?

·
Registered
107 Posts
depends on the wear....might want to just buy two to put on the front, then next time you go in get the fronts rotated to the back and get two news on the front. Unless you dont want the hassle, then just all 4.

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
224/40-18 NEO GEN, Cannot go wrong here.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had the hole plugged at a local gas station. However, do you all think I could have it patched from the inside at Discount Tire, etc?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts