8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was @ a redlight and needed gas so I decided to turn right and get in the gas station it was really dark. I saw an arrow to pointed to the station entrance I followed it I was going (20mph~) and It wasnt the entrance it was sidewalk. I ruined my tire had to change it. My gf was with me and we decided that we should drop her home, so I went to her neighborhood and by accident did a wheel spin and after 15 secs cop pull me over infront of her building telling me that they received many complaints about me hotroding that place and blasting music as well. Anyways I need to buy a new all season tire and cant go to my gfs neighboorhod/house in the next 3 years. ****** sucks.

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
Wow that sucks man. If you need just one tire, I think there are a few people selling sets, so you could try to grab one from them.

·
Registered
353 Posts
OUCH, sounds like your one of my nieghbors that play "my car's louder than yours" at 1am. Well tires are replacible man,

Good luck

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I played lotto. Didnt win. Raced an M5. Didnt win and now I am banned from my gfs neighborhood and rollin on a spare tire (front passenger side). This could be my unluckiest day ever .

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
tonton said:
I played lotto. Didnt win. Raced an M5. Didnt win and now I am banned from my gfs neighborhood and rollin on a spare tire (front passenger side). This could be my unluckiest day ever .
If I remember right, you aren't supposed to put a spare on any of the front tires since we are a FF LSD car. Put the donut on the rear and move the rear to the front.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you serious? I didnt know this :( lol btw after I changed my tire I raced some crappy 240sx he keptup for a sec.

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
Yeah, do not run a donut on the front tires, ever.

OEM tires are very expensive. If you can fork over the extra cash and buy a full set of tires, then I'd highly suggest it. You should also check for a bent wheel as well.

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
Yodums said:
Yeah, do not run a donut on the front tires, ever.

OEM tires are very expensive. If you can fork over the extra cash and buy a full set of tires, then I'd highly suggest it. You should also check for a bent wheel as well.
Thanks for clarifying that. I knew I read it somewhere.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SO what do you suggest Yodums? Buy a whole set of tires? All I need is 1 tire it goes for 180 shipped on tirerack.com .

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
It really depends on what your budget is. Just keep in mind the OEM tires are garbage and over priced. You can take a look at the Tire Rack ratings for the extreme summer performance tires: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=EP

The Kumho Ecsta MXs are a very competitively priced tire. You can get a 225/45/17 tire for $121 or get a 235 tire if you wanted to go even wider. Or, you can stick with the stock tire size (215/45/17) @ 113. You're getting two very good tires for the price of one OEM tire that isn't so great. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=Kumho&model=Ecsta+MX

The only downfall is that you'd be suicidal to run these in the winter.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok I guess Im ordering a set of extreme performace tires probably potenza re-01r or those Ecsta from Kumho. and probably a shitty tire to replace the 1 I ruined just for the winter :)

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
But why did this decide to happen now. I saved money to tint my windows and now im gonna end up buying tires :-\

·
Registered
619 Posts
Get mommmy or daddy to buy another new car. Or learn how to drive?
And act like an adult (turn fking music down).
Way to give civic drivers a bad rap.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts