8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I take my Civic Si Coupe in for an alignment today because I just put on Skunk2 ProC coilovers and some SPC Rear Camber Arms.

I've put about 200 miles on my car because it is my DD.

So I get to the dealer and they take it back. About 45 minutes later they come out and tell me they can't align my tires because my car is to low....hahaha. I stood there dumbfounded.

So now I have to take it to the Auto Skills center on Post, I know they can do it there; they use lasers too but it's a diffrent system.

Just thought I would share my experiences.

Oh and while I was waiting, one of the salespersons asks me what I am driving...I tell him an 07 si, he asks if I want to get into an 09. So he basically was like alright lets see what your 07 is worth...they came back with 9G's for a trade...I prolly could have got them to 11, but even still I would be slightly upside down so I passed. They were nice though and didn't continue to push a sale on me.

=DLP

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
So I take my Civic Si Coupe in for an alignment today because I just put on Skunk2 ProC coilovers and some SPC Rear Camber Arms.

I've put about 200 miles on my car because it is my DD.

So I get to the dealer and they take it back. About 45 minutes later they come out and tell me they can't align my tires because my car is to low....hahaha. I stood there dumbfounded.

So now I have to take it to the Auto Skills center on Post, I know they can do it there; they use lasers too but it's a diffrent system.

Just thought I would share my experiences.

Oh and while I was waiting, one of the salespersons asks me what I am driving...I tell him an 07 si, he asks if I want to get into an 09. So he basically was like alright lets see what your 07 is worth...they came back with 9G's for a trade...I prolly could have got them to 11, but even still I would be slightly upside down so I passed. They were nice though and didn't continue to push a sale on me.

=DLP
did you ever stop to think that maybe they couldnt get your car onto the alignment rack without ripping off your front bumper?

dont act like the dealer is full of retarded idiots who dont know their ass from a hole in the ground

·
Registered
383 Posts
did you ever stop to think that maybe they couldnt get your car onto the alignment rack without ripping off your front bumper?

dont act like the dealer is full of retarded idiots who dont know their ass from a hole in the ground
Hit a nerve, did he? I may be wrong, but I think that he was acknowledging that their equipment may have been unable to handle the job, not insulting their abilities.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Hit a nerve, did he? I may be wrong, but I think that he was acknowledging that their equipment may have been unable to handle the job, not insulting their abilities.
in that case, never mind.

i was working on an is350 the other day that was about 3 inches off the ground..tried pulling it up to the rack. impossible. i sent it to straight line for the alignment. they have a pit

·
Registered
383 Posts
in that case, never mind.

i was working on an is350 the other day that was about 3 inches off the ground..tried pulling it up to the rack. impossible. i sent it to straight line for the alignment. they have a pit
So you're a mechanic. There's the nerve I was talking about ;)

Meh not really, he seemed to be somewhat insulting, by saying he stood there dumbfounded.
I just took it to mean that he couldn't believe at first that a car could be so low as be unserviceable. It's all in perception, I guess.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry I didn't mean to make it sound like the dealership is full of idiots. When I said I was dumbfounded, I meant I had no idea that it was possible for their equipment not to work. And they did get it on the rack, their laser was unable to hit my tires. I have a pretty big drop up front, no biggie.

And the 9G's was dead accurate, they showed me the workup and everything.

If the economy was better they would have gotten me into an 09 but they know that both used and new sales are slow.

-DLP

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.