8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
4,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to get some 3,000k HIDs for my fogs but my question is how do you install them? i tried helping my friend install his HID kit and they didn't turn on everything was connected just fine, he took it to a shop and they made them work, i thought it was plug and play :bsflag: what did i do wrong? if anyone can give me some tips or info that would be great!

Thanks!

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
i want to get some 3,000k HIDs for my fogs but my question is how do you install them? i tried helping my friend install his HID kit and they didn't turn on everything was connected just fine, he took it to a shop and they made them work, i thought it was plug and play :bsflag: what did i do wrong? if anyone can give me some tips or info that would be great!

Thanks!
based on your detailed (an i use that word very lightly) desctription, we have no idea. :pat:
99% of the time, they are plug and play. if you run it without a wire harness, its as easy as plug into the OEM harness, mount the ballast, and install/plug in the hid bulbs.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
One thing to check is the polarity of the plug. I been received two pairs of H11 kit before which has the red/black wires reversed and I need to reverse them back in order to get it work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts