8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 514 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After about a month of ownership I've learned a few tips/tricks about the car. I was wondering if any of the more seasoned owners figured out a few tips/tricks to add to this list:

1. If you get a flat in one of the front tires, replace it with the rear wheel/tire on the same side. Install the spare in the rear. This is safer and will insure you don't damage the limited slip differential.

2. To avoid your hand hitting the rubber weatherstrip when checking your engine oil, place your palm on the plastic that covers the coilpacks, reach for the dipstick with your fingers, pull the dipstick up with your palm remaining on the plastic cover. The plastic is never too hot to touch.

I'll add as I continue to learn.

Anything else? :wavey:

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Haha yea whenever someone else is in the car and isnt wearing there seatbelt i always tell them that its gonna get mad at them if they dont put it on:yeahthat:
LoL, thats the exact terminology I use... only it usually goes something like this:

"OMG PUT YOUR SEATBELT ON!!! MY CAR IS GOING TO GET PISSED!!!"

vtec talks to ecu, ecu talks to coolant temp, coolant temp says too cold to be beat on, ecu says no vtec for you:police:
i LoL, i LoL :rotfl:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is not Si specific but, during spiritive drives, track or otherwise, rev match while downshifting. This will prevent from locking up the wheels and any sudden and unwanted weight transfers.

1 - 20 of 514 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.