8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey for the drivers that have tinted there windows how dark did you go cause im wanting to tint mine i just dont know how dark. I want darker but not like 5% dark because i think the might be to dark in a car and cause problems input and or pics welcomed!

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
35% also happens to be the legal limit in quite a few states.

beyond that, it's really a concept of diminishing returns.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Than if you do its not gonna be very good from inside of your car.

Go ask some local tinting places and ask to see some of their
work and take a look to get a feel of what your gonna be getting.

10% is really hella dark.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
there is only one place i'll go but i know they will say 5 i mean i loved 5% in my truck but that was a standard cab truck and all the windows were right in your face a car will be a whole other ballpark and have you heard of anyone having a full windshield tint on here?

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
when you're talking 20% or below, you're bringing up trouble seeing small **** at night. You wont notice it unless its either bright or lit up like no other...

i had 10% on my cr-v, and i could ONLY see headlights in my rear view

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
see that wont bother me cause im use to 5% windows but that was in a small truck 5 in a car and that extra space between you and the back glass makes it seem twice as dark i was seeing what other drivers had but im really leaning towards 15-10%

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.