8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tomorow im gettin my ex coupe's windows tinted. Anyone have an y last second advice or opinions because I was thinking of going 20% on the front two and back windshield and 5% on the small rear windows (if you wana call them that). Im just not sure is 20 going to be too dark and require me to roll down my windows at night or does that setup sound good?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^ in wat sense visually from inside or outside the car? n is it gunna be a big from stock to 50 n 50 to 20?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
the back two windows IMO should as dark as the back windshield. i'd get the back windshield as dark as i can. my bro has limo tint on the back window and it looks badass.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So do u think i should go with 20's like i was going to n yea i live in jersey so no tint is legal on the windows i do have but oh well

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
well its all in your personal opinion. to me i think the darker the tint the better. but its what you like. your step bro might not like his 5 but you might like it. its all in opinion. but good luck with it. ask your installer about it

btw #69 post lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha nice and thans yea ill def talk to him bout it just concerned with backing uo at night but yea i think 20's on my black ex will be best

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i intend on keeping the same darkness throughout i guess wat i should have asked is wat number tint i shoulg go with i want it to be dark but also be able to see out of it at night

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
IMO 35% fronts and 5% rear is the best, I've had it on several cars (including my Si) and never been hassled by any cops because the contrast between the 2 makes the front look very light. Whatever you do don't get the same tint all the way around, that will result in a very fast fix-it ticket :thumb: at least in CA it will

·
Registered
11,037 Posts
i have 3m 5% on mine...and love it...it takes a lil getting used to seeing through it at night...but i normally have my windows down uness its cold

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
yeah definitely contrasting front/rear windows will make the front ones "appear" lighter than they actually are. definitely wana avoid cops in CA haha

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i hear you n 5 might be better for the FL sun n cold for u is probably weather id be sweating in as it is a cool 28 degrees in jersey now

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
wow..im sorry. to me that doesnt sound too good. lol but yeah the better quality tint will help keep the inside cooler. a lot cooler

1 - 20 of 45 Posts