8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's more like I am putting these reverse overlays on, but still I am a noob when it comes to tinting.

This is the item i got: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=120171187588&rd=1

They are pre-cut so it shouldn't be too hard. I searched and came across some threads with good stuff, but just wanted to see if anyone had any good tips before I start this project. Thanks guys

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yeah, Pretty easy to do, done it last week
Mine wasn't a tint tho, it a like a vinyl
The only thing you got to do is clean the glass very well,
also don't bother removing the tail light or it is going to be more trouble afterward
IMPORTANT : CLean the trail light the best you could and try doing this inside where there isn't any dust or there is going to be air bubble trap under it and you'll have to redo everything again is this is a vinyl and if this is a tint you*have to purchase a new one

·
Premium Member
41,908 Posts
my advise would be to take your time, do not rush this. I had done the fronts and rears with tint and the fronts took the longest time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
flushdereal87 said:
plan on getting those within the next few months
Got them in 4 days across the country. No problems with shipping at all.

Thanks for advice guys. I will try and get some pictures up only if the job turns out good. LOL

·
Premium Member
141,752 Posts
a couple of tips:

-call your insurance and let them know you're doing to this to your car, otherwise YOU may be partially at fault if someone rear ends you.. make sure you've got disability coverage if you get brain/neck damage in that type of accident
-be especially of anyone in your rear view mirror, they might not be able to see you all that well

·
Premium Member
41,908 Posts
dentrecords said:
a couple of tips:

-call your insurance and let them know you're doing to this to your car, otherwise YOU may be partially at fault if someone rear ends you.. make sure you've got disability coverage if you get brain/neck damage in that type of accident
-be especially of anyone in your rear view mirror, they might not be able to see you all that well

has there been any members here have this happen to them due to the tinted tail lights? Thankfully I do not drive at night just early morning when there isn't much traffic but I did to some testing with the tints and IMO you must be blind to not see the tail lights light up.

Sorry forgot to add something, when I was in getting my car damage estimated last December the adjuster thought my tinted tail lights was from the factory and the only other thing he said to me was they looked kool.

·
Premium Member
141,752 Posts
Sleepy said:
has there been any members here have this happen to them due to the tinted tail lights? Thankfully I do not drive at night just early morning when there isn't much traffic but I did to some testing with the tints and IMO you must be blind to not see the tail lights light up.

Sorry forgot to add something, when I was in getting my car damage estimated last December the adjuster thought my tinted tail lights was from the factory and the only other thing he said to me was they looked kool.
if you think that's harsh, it's because a family member of mine was nearly killed in a rear end accident and now is permanently disabled... IMO, anything to reduce your car's light output while braking (or at night) is incredibly dangerous to both yourself as well as the people driving around you.. I've nearly ran up on cars with tinted headlights/taillights before, so I would say that there's a reason why a specific light output was mandated by the DOT.

That accident has drastically affected my life.. it could happen to anyone.. unsafe mods FTL

·
Premium Member
41,908 Posts
dentrecords said:
if you think that's harsh, it's because a family member of mine was nearly killed in a rear end accident and now is permanently disabled... anything to reduce your car's light output at night is incredibly dangerous IMO, and it's drastically affected my life.. it could happen to anyone.. unsafe mods FTL

I am sorry to hear that dentrecords, I do agree with you regardless. I did remove my tint on my headlights as I didn't like the lack of light coming out of the headlights. Once I removed them I felt safer that I could see and people could see me.

I meant no disrespect in my first post on this I was just asking a question.

·
Premium Member
141,752 Posts
no disrespect taken.. I hate to be the opinionated jerk everytime someone asks this question but it seems people aren't concerned with their own safety, let alone the safety of other drivers around them..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Totally understand your point. Thanks for the suggestions and sorry to hear about your loss.

If it is too dark, I can just take it off. I'm not married to them yet, and thought over lays were the way to go rather than paint if I don't like them.

·
Premium Member
41,908 Posts
hey duke

Another suggestion would to check the MVA for your area; before I even bought the overlays I contacted the local RCMP and the insurance company. They told me they could not find anything illegal about them but if I do get pulled and if the police are having a bad day I could get a 50 dollar fine for them. So far I have not been pulled for anything yet?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts