8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my windows tinted on wednesday around 3pm. And I parked it under the train line bridge last night. I guess it started raining around 4am cause this morning my windows were wet cause some of the rain got on the front window, and some on the side windows. I dried it off a bit with towels, then i payed $10 to park inside a Parking lot for 12 hours starting at 9am.
My question is could a few hours of rain mess up my tinting job?

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
:yeahthat:

Just don't clean the inside of the windows for a week. The only thing that can really affect the tint is contact (obviously) and temperatures.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't know all tint were on the inside. :pat:
So if its on the inside, can i still have my A/C on?

So i have to wait a week before i can roll down my windows?

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
you should have been told all this stuff when you picked your car up from tint...
i usually give the windows 3 days if it is hot/dry for all of them. if it is rainy/humid or cold...give it a week.

·
Registered
315 Posts
if he's not, then that's sad.

i got mine tinted recently. the guy, famous around NJ, urged that i dont roll my windows down for 4 days, that i dont use the moonroof at all for 4 days, then i just use a/c, and to wait 30 days before i wash the inside of the windows with agents that do not contain ammonia

otherwise your tints will dissolve and go :iorun:

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
TommyD said:
No! Don't do that, the A/C emits particles that will ruin your tint job!
Ya be careful with those pesky AC particles. They stick to your tint and eat it up... If you use your AC too much, your tints will dissapear... magicly.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
black07coupe said:
Ya be careful with those pesky AC particles. They stick to your tint and eat it up... If you use your AC too much, your tints will dissapear... magicly.

Are you serious?
I'm new to a car, so i really don't know. Please, no joking. :sadwavy:

·
Registered
534 Posts
I got my phat tintz and turned on the AC, now they're yellow and purple. DON'T turn on the AC or you'll mess them up, and dont roll them down or they'll fall off from the outside. The more heat in your car the better.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
newcivic1 said:
Are you serious?
I'm new to a car, so i really don't know. Please, no joking. :sadwavy:
Ya man, you dont feel those particles coming out when you turn on the AC? You breathe them in too, the inside of your lungs will eventually dissapear too. See what he said ^^^^ YELLOW AND PURPLE!!!

lol jk, you are supposed to use your a/c till the tints are fully cured and **** and you can roll down your windows.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Yodums said:
:yeahthat:

Just don't clean the inside of the windows for a week. The only thing that can really affect the tint is contact (obviously) and temperatures.
...and rolling down the windows. Don't do that for 5-7 days :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oh ok. Thanks. I was all scared thinking i messed up my tints.

I got the Ceramic based Tint (Non-metallic) since i use a Portable GPS.
How long are those Tints usually suppose to last? a few years?

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
newcivic1 said:
oh ok. Thanks. I was all scared thinking i messed up my tints.

I got the Ceramic based Tint (Non-metallic) since i use a Portable GPS.
How long are those Tints usually suppose to last? a few years?
Do you have a garage? If so, it will last much longer than if you don't. Otherwise, it will probably turn purple. I paid more for 3m carbon-based tint that doesn't block my XM/GPS reception, blocks heat and will NOT fade. :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't have a garage, so how long can i expect mine to last?
How will i know when it's time to get new ones?
Honda said it's a life time warranty, so does that means they will put in new ones for free everytime they wear out?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts