8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my baby tinted today. To give everyone an idea of what percentage is on the car, the COMPLETE windsheild was done with 50% tint. The rest of the car was done in 35%. It does seem a bit to dark but I assure you these are the shades used. Also the new si in some angels does already look titnted. This is do to the angle of viewing combined with the dark interior, plus the short roof, and windows on the sides and doors. I am strongly considering redoing the sides and back to match the 50% shade of the windshiled do to the extreme dark look. However I have posted some picture with the police badge behind the tint to give a point of reference and a better understanding of the percentaged used.

by the way it was really gloomy out today which could have also caused the shadows and very dark look, and do to the BLIZZARD we are going to experience here in the North East NJ, NY, etc. I will have to wait for a few days before I can take her out of her cocoon in my garage. (she can't come out and play in the snow, I will not let her touch salt) (obsessed I know)

I Went overboard with the pics SORRY,

Enjoy...

I have mixed feelings about the darkness of the TINT. I was even contimplating removing it. But I will wait until the next sunny day before I make my finall decision. I will be a little happier about the people not putting there heads up against the window (can't see haha) to look inside. I don't mind the looking but I do mind the zipper dangaling from there unzippered jakets bummping along my paint ARRRRRRR...... Please share any and all opinions.

I am by the way planning to buy these wheels (soon). Please comment on them as well.

Thanks for your replys they will be in 18 inch.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Fiji, nice pics again!! Man, I can't get over how freakin good that white looks!! I think you should keep the tint. You said 35% all around, and that's the normal legal limit, at least from what I know. I have 20% all around on my black Si, and it's dark as hell. The black on black is sweet though. I think the white really sets off that tint job. Don't get it taken off!! By the way, thanks for the info on the price of the kit in the other thread. I'm looking to get the kit at some point in the future, and it really looks good on your ride!! Enjoy!! :rockwoot:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Also, the rims, it's hard to tell. I like them, but you need to do a photo-chop or have someone do one for you. Volks are bad ass rims!! You have a great pic to chop 3rd from the top.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
a bit grainy cause I blew it up a bit, but you get the idea.

tint really sets the white off big time. It looks pretty freaking dark, but it looks great. I say wait for a sunny day and make another judgement call, but it looks amazing right now. Is 35 legal where you live?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
~racnjsn04~ said:
Looks awesome! Are you thinking about going darker on the tint? Those wheels would look really good on there also.

Are you a cop or is that patch just a theif deterrent?
Being that the front was done also it makes the 35% seem darker. I am probably going to remove the sides and rear and put on 50% all the way around. It will be much lighter in my opinion. I've had a complete car done a few times before with 50 and you barely noticed the car had any tint some days (weird).

My brother in law is.

By the way the patch in the pictures was to show you all how dark the tint really is.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
webby said:
a bit grainy cause I blew it up a bit, but you get the idea.

tint really sets the white off big time. It looks pretty freaking dark, but it looks great. I say wait for a sunny day and make another judgement call, but it looks amazing right now. Is 35 legal where you live?
Hey webby thanks for the chop that was great.

Not sure if 35 is legal but it's definitly considered a light film. Also with this percentage you risk less problems getting stopped. But as I may have mentioned I will probably remove the tint and replace it with 50 % all around with windshield. In case your wondering it's not as noticeable as you might think up front. Loss of visibility is minimal, and this is only on dark suburban roads where I turn on those highbeams ;)

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
It looks nice man! My Taffetta white will be coming in next month, still don't know if I'll be tinting it, but it looks good man..good luck with her.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
954K20_SI said:
It looks nice man! My Taffetta white will be coming in next month, still don't know if I'll be tinting it, but it looks good man..good luck with her.
Thanks u too.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
noice white was my first choice. but i couldnt really wait. haha tint looks noice. rims are toight too. u planing on dropping it? or u gonna stay stock drop for now? i think the stock drop is pretty low.

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
The purpose of tint is to keep people from seeing in so easy, keep the sun rays out, plus it just makes the car look so much more better. Why put any tint at all on there if it does't serve much purpose?
I say leave it leave it at 35% unless state laws say otherwise.

BTW.. the patch is a great idea to help deter theifs.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Looks great. Let us know if you get any tint tickets. A couple of people that I supervise at work have gotten them in the last few weeks, and their cars don't look as dark as yours.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks great. Let us know if you get any tint tickets. A couple of people that I supervise at work have gotten them in the last few weeks, and their cars don't look as dark as yours.
I actually removed the windshield tint. I felt it was a little to risky at night. Also it lightened up the rest of the interior from out looking in.

I will say that as long as the cops can get an idea of how many people are in the car or at least see you to a point they tend to leave you alone. Always show respect when you see a cop checking you out do yourself a favor and lower the windows if they are really dark or dark enough that he can't make out how many people there are. :driving:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts