8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just have a question I have really been wanting to have the white part of my tail lights on my Black Si either tinted out or smoked. I just wanted to know where can I get it done or how is it done? Please post pics of your car if you have had it done.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
^^how hard is it cut to the right shape? any pics of the headlights?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
How does it act with weather such as rain or anything else? Does it ever peel off? And also the smae question from above is it hard to cut up or put on?
going on 2 years now... no issues... the pics with the stock wheels and cf hood are back from summer 07. the upper pics in the above post are from 2 weeks ago.

no peeling or fading at all.

^^how hard is it cut to the right shape? any pics of the headlights?
very easy!!

·
Registered
6,449 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Its a very simple process, I used smoke color spray paint. I tried the overlay first but it was a pain in the ass. I kept getting wrinkles and stuff and I dont have a lot of patience so i decided to smoke them.

Take them out, tape around the white part of the taillight and spray. It takes a few coats but it looks awesome.

Let me know if u are interested, ill get you the name of the spray paint. I ve had mine done for over two yrs, and it has not cracked or discolor.

Yada

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
get the overlays instead of spraying. if you ever want to get the clear look back all you do is peel em off.

ive had no issues with rain, car washes, snow, salt, or anything else. ive got the grafxpressions ones, and they are PERFECT.

these are mine, the bottom pic is the one grafx used on the website.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
get the overlays instead of spraying. if you ever want to get the clear look back all you do is peel em off.

ive had no issues with rain, car washes, snow, salt, or anything else. ive got the grafxpressions ones, and they are PERFECT.

these are mine, the bottom pic is the one grafx used on the website.
Are they already pre-cut? and if they are do they fit well?

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
grafixpressions are pre cut and fit awesome i've used 2 sets already and there awesome.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, I didn't do my lights I got them done as a present from my boyfriend. He has a friend who tints lights and he paid 50 bucks for them. I know they used some sort of spray or something. But I loved how they turned out, I keep getting head turns. :]

Anyways, here are mine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.