8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this is already dissucssed but want to be 100% sure before I do any thing. I have an 07 black si sedan with navi and want to get my windowns tinted. I have to get a ceramic tint correct or something of that nature so I dont mess up my signal.

Help would be great I would like to get this done soon !!!

Denny

·
Registered
967 Posts
If you are concerned about the quality of your radio/GPS/sat radio reception, do not get metalized tint. Any other tint material is ok.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
moxom said:
If you are concerned about the quality of your radio/GPS/sat radio reception, do not get metalized tint. Any other tint material is ok.
Metallic tint is only bad for AM reception but for FM and Navi it should be fine. I have metallic tint and FM radio works perfectly.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I think carbon tint is the one you are talking about, that supposed to be better than regular. I have regular and AM and FM work just fine. Navi attena is on top of your car, so that shouldn't be a problem with either tint.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am in between 15% and 20%. Im not worried about the radio i dont listen to it i only play cds. I read somewhere that the attena for the navi was in the dash so thats why im asking.

How much more does carbon run that normal?

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think carbon tint is the one you are talking about, that supposed to be better than regular. I have regular and AM and FM work just fine. Navi attena is on top of your car, so that shouldn't be a problem with either tint.

The navi antenna is UNDER THE DASH, the Xm antenna is on top of your car. I would avoid metallic tint.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Every car has a factory tint on it for the soul purpose that if not the window will maginfy the suns rays and could your cars interior and your skin. Its about a 70% I was told.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Every car has a factory tint on it for the soul purpose that if not the window will maginfy the suns rays and could your cars interior and your skin. Its about a 70% I was told.
The reason I ask is, because I am thinking about tinting my windows myself, and need to know if i have to take the factory tints off.

·
Premium Member
19,670 Posts
I would assume the sunroof is tinted the same way windows are tinted from the factory, some sort of bonding into the glass and it isnt removable

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok I pick up my car today around 12 -1 ish and it will be ready. I got 20% all around non metallic because of the GPS and all for $240 including the small little side windows. I think it is a good price and it is guarnteed for life. If it cracks bubbles or discolors. If i get pulled over I go to him he takes its off so i can go show its off then he will put tint back on for about 10-15 a window. Ill try to get pics as soon as i can!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts