i assume for tint application
but anyway
they got it everywhere
running down the doors
up on the dash from doing the brow
whatever
i just cleaned it up
but heres what pisses me off
this liquid has done what liquids do best and run into a place that is unaccessible
this place is the area between the third brake light and the back glass
i cant get and thing in there to clean it up with.
and you can see it well from the outside
and i cant stand it
and practical or even semi practical ideas of how to clean this area is greatly apprieciated.

thanks

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Take something long and slim, wrap a paper towel around it, and there you go. Just be gentle.

The more important thing........they didn't tell you to NOT clean your windows for 30 days?

I tell all my customers to not clean it for 30 days. The film needs to cure. Notice I said cure. Curing and drying are a little bit different. The film should dry out in a few days (that's why you can't roll your windows down), but afterwards it takes a while to fully cure and bond to the glass.

During this time, it's important that the windows stay dry and no extra moisture is added to it. The SR coating does absorb liquids.

I at least wipe down the windows a little bit and I always dry the door panels off to prevent streaking.

Maybe you took it to a busy shop that turns out cars all day long like an assembly line and they don't have time for the little touches.

Please, for the love of all that is holy tell me you're at least cleaning it (prematurely) with something other than ammonia containing products?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
darkdan said:
Take something long and slim, wrap a paper towel around it, and there you go. Just be gentle.

The more important thing........they didn't tell you to NOT clean your windows for 30 days?

I tell all my customers to not clean it for 30 days. The film needs to cure. Notice I said cure. Curing and drying are a little bit different. The film should dry out in a few days (that's why you can't roll your windows down), but afterwards it takes a while to fully cure and bond to the glass.

During this time, it's important that the windows stay dry and no extra moisture is added to it. The SR coating does absorb liquids.

I at least wipe down the windows a little bit and I always dry the door panels off to prevent streaking.

Maybe you took it to a busy shop that turns out cars all day long like an assembly line and they don't have time for the little touches.

Please, for the love of all that is holy tell me you're at least cleaning it (prematurely) with something other than ammonia containing products?

no they didnt tell me not to clean it
they just told me not to roll down my windows for two days
i hope i didnt screw it up by cleaning them
that would piss me off
oh well
for now ill let it lay
then later after maybe 3 weeks or so
which will roughly 30 days
i will try again

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Well, cleaning it once shouldn't hurt anything.

The rule is mainly to stop people from washing it three times a day, seven days a week. THAT would hurt it.

A paint stir stick with a paper towel wrapped around it should do the trick. If they cut around the brake light be VERY careful to not catch the tint. If it's solid back there, just clean gently.

I personally recommend Spray-way cleaner or Stoner's Invisible glass combined with a microfiber towel. The trick to getting it streak free with a foaming glass cleaner is "less is more".

Also, for windshields to get them really clean (on the inside) a mixture of 1 part distilled white vinegar to three or four parts water will get off that nasty build up of film better than anything else out there. Once again, use a little to avoid streaks.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i guess im kinda ocd with this
if the paint wheels ect are dirty it kinda bugs me
but i cant stand anything on the glass

1 - 8 of 8 Posts