8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I got my windows tinted about a month ago....went about two weeks with everything working fine...then about two weeks ago my AM stations started sucking terribly. Before I go to Honda and try to get it fixed, is there anyway that my tint could effect this. It didn't start happening until two weeks after the tint job which leads me to believe its not the tint. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
If I'm not mistaken metallic tints will interfere with the radio. Don't we have our antenna built into our rear window?

As for why it started 2 weeks after, I have no clue. The problem should have started immediately after you put them on.

To avoid any weird problems with my nav or radio I got ceramic based tints.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Make sure that the antenna was not mistakenly cut when the tint was installed.
Is your radio stock?

I

·
0 Posts
scubastevect64 said:
Ok so I got my windows tinted about a month ago....went about two weeks with everything working fine...then about two weeks ago my AM stations started sucking terribly. Before I go to Honda and try to get it fixed, is there anyway that my tint could effect this. It didn't start happening until two weeks after the tint job which leads me to believe its not the tint. Thanks in advance
Theres someone out there that still uses AM Radio???

·
Registered
361 Posts
NitrousG35 said:
Yes, for weather, traffic reports as well as talk radio. Try to find an interesting talk show on FM.
Try finding ANYTHING interesting on FM, for that matter!

If I'm not listening to a CD or the motor, I've always got my radio on AM.

I don't think I could live without Glenn Beck, Michael Savage, Mark Levine and Rush Limbaugh!

As for why the AM quite after the tint, I would guess maybe the antenna got nicked during the install? I really don't know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts