8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just put on some tsx cams and the car runs terrible! throwing a p0341 (cam sensor) cel and has trouble starting and bogs down horribly while driving. this is most definitely a timimg issue, question is how do I fix it?

thanks

·
Registered
819 Posts
is it tuned for those cams? i dont think you can just put them in and drive.

·
Registered
51 Posts
just put on some tsx cams and the car runs terrible! throwing a p0341 (cam sensor) cel and has trouble starting and bogs down horribly while driving. this is most definitely a timimg issue, question is how do I fix it?

thanks
My friend had the same problem when he put stage 2 Buddy Club cams on his RSX. The problem is that you need to tune your car, because the car comes tuned for stock cams from factory, and of course if you put something bigger than what the engine is supposed to be running with, the computer is not going to recognize that and is going to give you a CEL inmediatedly. You can also try setting the timing again to see what happens but I am pretty sure you need tuning.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i'm pretty sure other members of this forum dropped in tsx cams, which really aren't that much more aggressive and drove without a tune. that is why i'm curious as to if i just messed something up with the timing.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anybody who's run tsx cams have an opinion? i agree that i should get a tune, but i feell ike the car shouldnt run like this with just tsx cams in it, even if i'm only running a stage 2 AP map.

·
E-Tunez FTT!!!
1,940 Posts
Did you take a look at your timing? Is it off? If that's taken care off, datalog using the AP to see what cam angles you are running, if they are all zeros, we may have a sensor issue. Start in this order:

1. Check your timing *** (this is probably the issue!).
2. Datalog for cam adv. on the AP.

This can help us e-troubleshoot your problem. Send me a pm with your information. You should not have a problem with not having a tune, if you need one you know who to call :thumbsup:

·
Wanna be troll
5,740 Posts
Tsx cams are drop in and will run fine without a tune. It's the timing that's messing you up. You only need a tune for tsx cams to yield more hp, but not for poor idle/ride quality etc...

·
Registered
552 Posts
heres a thought from a newb. unless im mistaken doesnt the new si also have timming advance in with vtec like bmws vanos system ? and if it does and your timming is off then there is your answer

·
Wanna be troll
5,740 Posts
^ Yeah I think you're right. All throughout the rpm band the timing advances/retards depending on the throttle load.. If you hit vtec and your timing is off, oh you'll definitely know :X

·
Premium Member
14,538 Posts
I have a 06 tsx intake cam in my 07 si with the hondata reflash and it runs fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,500 Posts
timing is key the dot on the cam gear needs to be in a link, not inbetween the links and I think you should have 9 links between the dots. if that doesnt work you'll have to remove the timing cover and realgine the whole thing

corrected thanks K24ftw. It was one or the other thanks for the clarity

·
Registered
478 Posts
its 9 links between. you have a timing isue the ecu will only throw that code if your timing is off or a sensore is unplugged.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts