8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 Honda Civic si 230,000km
I went tdc, and looks like the left cam skipped a tooth timing chain is stretched, keep getting p0341, car still runs good should I be worried about any damage? I’m looking at replacing vtc gear while I’m in there, what else while I have a part should I replace, I know the tensioner and guides.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Maybe your vtc solenoid is broken. Hate to see you take it apart and realign the tooth just to have to do it over again.

VARIABLE TIMING SOLENOID:
The Variable Cam Timing Solenoid that’s on the K-series motor is prone to have issues with higher mileage. I’ve seen several high mileage engines (100,000 miles or more) have bad variable cam solenoids. The variable cam solenoid controls your variable timing gear movement. I’ve had issues where the solenoid is bad and needs to be replaced, as well as having the pre screen located by the left side intake manifold flange get clogged up. There is a little mesh screen that can be serviced and cleaned or replaced. If that solenoid screen gets dirty it’s just like a Vtec solenoid screen, it limits the amount of oil pressure going to your solenoid, which then limits the amount of control the variable cam has.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts