8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2008 Honda Civic Si 4DR.

So my car has hit 125k.

I've had my share of hitting curbs whiles texting and calling.

Ive ran over many speed bumps at 40+ mph.

The ride is getting pretty gnarly as far as feel goes. I feel everything lmao.

So its time for a suspension refresh.

Everything is stock. I haven't changed a single thing on this car except a short shifter.

Also note, regardless of the tons of alignments I've done, the car still veers right. A heavy right lmao.

I also plan on getting a whole new set of struts and springs. Maybe give it like a 1 inch drop? I dont know yet. Kyb or Koni struts are in my mind.

So can you guys provide a list of things I need to replace?

Thanks yall

<3

·
Registered
111 Posts
You should consider changing the complete lower arm kit with both the ball joints and tie rod ends and the struts.

The springs generally hold good for the mileage of your car. But if the ride height has dropped from its original height over the years due to hard usage then you should consider changing them otherwise not necessary.

Since you said that you want to drop your ride height then you should change both the springs and struts. But after dropping the ride height you should ensure the camber remains the same as OE or you'll face uneven/fast tyre wear.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should consider changing the complete lower arm kit with both the ball joints and tie rod ends and the struts.

The springs generally hold good for the mileage of your car. But if the ride height has dropped from its original height over the years due to hard usage then you should consider changing them otherwise not necessary.

Since you said that you want to drop your ride height then you should change both the springs and struts. But after dropping the ride height you should ensure the camber remains the same as OE or you'll face uneven/fast tyre wear.

Thanks for your response!

Is this kit good?

https://www.carparts.com/details/Honda/Civic/Replacement/Control_Arm/2008/Si/4_Cyl_2-dot-0L/KIT1-082417-39-A.html?showfitment=true

I'm not sure what brand to go with?

Can you recommend springs and struts that you would go with?

Thanks!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I usually prefer OE parts for the suspension kit other than the struts and coils as they last long. But the complete kit at $120 seems to be a great bargain along with a 1 year unlimited mileage warranty. Check the difference between OE and aftermarket parts and make a decision.

As for the struts and coils, I changed to KYB gas struts but stayed with the original coils and the performance is better than OE. But since you wanted to drop the car you can consider the lowering kit from Koni or Skunk. But the ride will become stiffer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts