8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just put a new DCRH on Sat and boy ca I feel the difference! But anyways......I popped my hood trying to figure out why I hear a chirping noise inside the cabin. I still haven't figured that out. It sounds like a cricket in the dash or something. I can hear it when I hit a bump in the road and when I'm starting out. So when I popped my hood I could hear one of my valves ticking.

So my question is how big of a deal is it to get the vavle fixed at the stealership and do you think it has anything to do with the header I out on. I'm just hoping that they don't tell me that the valve won't be under warranty because of the aftermarket part. Al I have is the header and a CAI. Also if you have any idea what the chirping noise might be that would be great.

:eek:hnoes::eek:hnoes::eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
your warranty is fine...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
your warranty is fine...
actually I just called the dealership and my buddy told me to put the stock back on before I bring it up there. He said it just voids the engine warranty. Sucks that I have to undo that **** and fanagle the stock back on. It was a ***** to take out.

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
actually I just called the dealership and my buddy told me to put the stock back on before I bring it up there. He said it just voids the engine warranty. Sucks that I have to undo that **** and fanagle the stock back on. It was a ***** to take out.
still cheaper than paying someone else to fix it...

·
Registered
6,717 Posts

Google Moss Magnuson act,

They would have to prove that your header and CAI caused the failure/damage... Your dealer sucks.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts

i would put the stock intake back on...they are very picky about intakes...especially CAI. but the header...not necessary. ask yourself how it would be at all possible for a part AFTER the valves to cause a ticking sound? then if the dealer questions your header ask them teh same thing.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Are you sure the ticking sound is a valve? I only ask because a small leak in the exhaust manifold/header or the manifold gasket can cause a ticking sound. Just a thought.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Well I honestly don't see how a header would do this but...dealers have a way of lying

" The resistor valve on the transcormodulator failed due to the rap expansion of the relevance chamer because of the aftermarket header" or something like that lol just throw the stock intake and header on.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
if you think it is your valve let your engine idle and open the OIL cap, if it is your valves it will get alot louder... and no this will not hurt your car at all

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Now, i don't want to sound like a jacka**. But you know the fuel injectors are really noisy right? I was an idiot and though in my si there was real valve noise, turns out I'm just really stupid and it was the fuel injectors. If you take off that vtec cover on the engine does it change the noise?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Now, i don't want to sound like a jacka**. But you know the fuel injectors are really noisy right? I was an idiot and though in my si there was real valve noise, turns out I'm just really stupid and it was the fuel injectors. If you take off that vtec cover on the engine does it change the noise?
He is absolutely right. I went through the same crap, only worse. Too much individual cyl fuel trim. My cyl 3 injector was MUCH louder than the others. It chirped so loud it sounded like I had a 1971 VW Beetle stuffed under my hood. It's quieter now, but I still hear them... it's just good to know it's normal.

INJECTORS!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts