8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my FA5 I'm getting a "ticking" noise from the seat back of the passenger seat. I can't figure out where it's coming from. If I reach over with my elbow and press the seat back toward the passenger window (putting pressure on it) the ticking stops. As soon as I let the pressure off it starts again. I'm thinking that it's coming from the seat back being loose from the seat bottom, you know the play the seat back has? If there is someone in the passenger seat, the noise isn't there, only when I'm in the car alone. It's been driving me crazy for the last year!

Anyone have this noise? What did you do to fix it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
606 Posts
In my FA5 I'm getting a "ticking" noise from the seat back of the passenger seat. I can't figure out where it's coming from. If I reach over with my elbow and press the seat back toward the passenger window (putting pressure on it) the ticking stops. As soon as I let the pressure off it starts again. I'm thinking that it's coming from the seat back being loose from the seat bottom, you know the play the seat back has? If there is someone in the passenger seat, the noise isn't there, only when I'm in the car alone. It's been driving me crazy for the last year!

Anyone have this noise? What did you do to fix it?

Thanks!
Sounds like you're on the right track. Check the where the seat back mounts to the bottom (or where ever it's bolted down). Sounds like there may be a loose bolt or try spraying some WD-40 on it. Also, get some real-life help from someone with good ears or try a stethoscope (you can get a cheap one at a large retailer probably).

·
Premium Member
37,355 Posts
seat airbag. I doubt any bolts loosened up unless you had youre hands in there. If you did go back and double check everything.

If not the seat airbag covers are known to be noisy. IDK without hearing so it could be anything

·
Registered
269 Posts
This happened to my car exactly as you describe. Dealer removed the seat back and replaced the clips, problem solved. Here's the text from the work order:

"Please check passenger front seat - rattles when going over bumpy roads at lower speeds as reported by guest"

Cause: Rear seat back loose contact clips

1 - 8 of 8 Posts