8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dude i just got a freakin ticket on the way home from a restaurant. Gave me a ticket for going 50 in a 40 zone. Im 17 and i got a basic speed law ticket...i need help and/or infor on how to fix this or take care fo it without my parents knowing.

·
Registered
590 Posts
if you dont have your own insurance, sorry to tell ya, but your parents will find out, cause your insurance will raise... but all in all, your ticket should come in the mail in about a month, better beat them to it...
good luck

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
if first time... your parent wouldnt know if you are smart enough...
all you have to do is get the mail that they send you, and make sure you get it before your parents do...
after you pay for traffic school and ticket without your parent knowing..
go to the traffic school... no raise in insurance.. good luck to you

·
Premium Member
98,627 Posts
just get the letter in the mail and then you can go to court. in court you can ask for traffic school. that way it doesnt go on your record and your insurance will not go up. then you can do traffic school online. takes about 1-2 hours.

·
Registered
590 Posts
if first time... your parent wouldnt know if you are smart enough...
all you have to do is get the mail that they send you, and make sure you get it before your parents do...
after you pay for traffic school and ticket without your parent knowing..
go to the traffic school... no raise in insurance.. good luck to you
oh yes i forgot, you can go to traffic school and it wont raise you insurance

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
call the # on the back of the ticket. They should tell you how much $ the ticket is, and you can also ask them how to sign up for the traffic school. It'll cost money to do the school, (maybe 20-30 dollars), but then the ticket will not show up on your driving record, and your insurance will not go up.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
call the # on the back of the ticket. They should tell you how much $ the ticket is, and you can also ask them how to sign up for the traffic school. It'll cost money to do the school, (maybe 20-30 dollars), but then the ticket will not show up on your driving record, and your insurance will not go up.
:yeahthat: and they have some "fun" traffic schools too. I went to a free pizza / comedy one.

·
Registered
7,022 Posts
its 198.00 with traffic school... plus the expense for traffic school itself
they send a curtsy note in the mail 3 weeks after the so call ticket... insurance should never know

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.