8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
myspace.com/assistant_ar
5,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ticket(s) thread

How many tickets you've got so far with your 8th gen CIVC ??
And How did you get it?

I have my SI for 8 months now still ZERO ticket :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Do you have to have an Si? This thread reeks of VTEC-supremacy feelings!

Well assuming no:
Ticket 1 for right on red in a no turn zone. Took the turn out of stop and shop with a cop behind me (his first words other than the licence/insurance blah was "are you dumb!")

Ticket 2 for improper lane selection after merging into a lane created by an onramp and getting rear ended. I still say to this day that was a **** call.

Ticket 3 for speeding while trying to get to Burlington, VT before it snowed. Blah it was only 75 =( out of state hatred

Ticket 4 for going out of an entrance only at a coffee shop right as a cop was pulling in. What luck.

Ticket 5-7 that might come from parking in RI. I don't pay those, hoping they don't catch up to me...

And to note: Driver re-education class was lame and boring, and 90% of the people there with me drove Honda's or Acura's. Kinda funny!

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Everything is copacetic. Not this guy > :police:

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
0 on the Si, 3 on my bro's 04 EX.. One when I was 15 and going the same pace as everyone else, but he pulls over the asian with rap music kind of loud :(.. 2+3 was because I changed lanes too soon, but thing is I never changed lanes, car in front of me decided to change so I straightened out in my lane again, but even though he pulled me over for that, he wrote me a ticket for tailgating (I was not tailgating unless you call about 20 feet of space tailgating).... 3 was because I didn't have my license

I got 2+3 taken care of though :D

·
ms3 fail.
8,339 Posts
I'm 18. I've had my si since June and haven't gotten a ticket. I used to have an altima before the si and got 2 tickets in that in one week, both for speeding. I don't understand how the altima even got me 2 tickets because its 2 slow. haha

·
Registered
901 Posts
2 within 2 months of getting the Si, 1st was redlining every gear, the second speeding.................:dancing::vtec:

·
Registered
124 Posts
2 speeding... one going to 45 over the speed limit, who knew that was a motor cycle cop I passed? :(... oh and lucky me it was a construction zone too...

The other was some state trooper on a power trip, got me GWB going like 90, the pulled me out, wanted to search the car... I denied just to piss him off... can someone say WARRANT?.... he got locals with a drug dog... found nothing... searched me... then gave my car the work up, measuring ground clearance, exhaust volume, making sure the tires were dot spec.... in all took about 45 minutes to an hour...

That's the only big ones... the other are like parking in the wrong direction, inability to maintain one lane, the stupid money maker laws.

·
Registered
440 Posts
1 ticket in 2 years...totally shocked. Virginia Trooper for 8 over the posted 55 (seriously.) Told the judge my cruise was set at 60 and that the Trooper refused to show me the radar. Charge was dropped (first time in my life) and the judge appeared more than a little annoyed that the trooper wrote a ticket for less than 10mph over.

Side note; Almost lost my license with my supercharged '00 Si (9 points.) Still trying to remove the insurance companies foot from my anus. Ain't worth it, trust me.

·
Registered
522 Posts
1 ticket at about 7-8 months of having my Si for speeding ...going 49 in a 35....1st ticket ever ... i didn't realize how fast i was going

·
Premium Member
41,908 Posts
Driving for 18 years in total. driving civic for 2 years....out of all NO tickets yet....

With the amount of police on the streets now due to excessive gang violence in this wonderful city of ours I am bound to get my first ticket before the end of the weekend.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts