8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately i dont know if it has to do with the cold or not but my gas pedal is starting to vibrate a little bit and i noticed my throttle response on the car is actually better than what it was before. I don't think this is a problem but does anyone elses gas pedal vibrate a little bit? mine didn't really do that before. I'm not complaining though and since the throttle seems to be a lot better then before so im happy that the throttle response has improved.

·
Registered
302 Posts
The throttle response being better is because cold air is always better, and when the air gets cooler, your car will generally run better.

The vibration is strange. I don't know if the DBW is capable of giving haptic feedback like that.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm i checked and nothing is loose and i don't think there is anything wrong with it.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump! its still doing it,its not a bad vibrating but it has a weird feel to it compared to last time its almost like when you hit ABS. The brake pedal feels fine but the gas pedal is vibrating when i step on it? anyone else have this problem? what should i do? i checked the pedal out and its not loose or anything it just vibrates i don't think this should cause a problem right?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Sorry to bring an old thread back. But I searched and found this. I'm having the same problem on my three week old FA5(1000 miles). It's starting to feel a bit loose, kind of weird. when I shake it lightly with my hand it does feel a bit loose side to side. Does anyone elses move side to side a bit?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Yeah i have some vibration in my gas pedal and i do have better response as well. Could be the cold air + k&n drop in filter...whatever it could be, my car drives a little better and I don't mind that vibration too much.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bump.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts