8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know if anyone else has this problem..

Does anyones car have a slight pause when letting off the gas. Or pushing it slightly. Im not sure if it is DBW related. It happens when driving and you let of of the gas and there is a pause. I got the Honda DBW relash

I started noticing it after I installed the P2R TB spacer. Its really annoying

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Does it jerk after you let off the throttle? That happens to me and it jerks a lot harder than it does in other cars I drive

·
Banned
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, It tends to jerk. I notice it in 3rd when I let off the gas and barely push it. Seems to happen when I barely hit the gas then let off. If it was cable I could tighten it.

It just feels like a slight gap between the gas pedal and it engaging

·
Banned
18,265 Posts
when ur driving in any gear... cruise at any rpm, around 3k would be good... the press the clutch... if the rpms jump up a bit then fall u have a leak on ur intake somewhere... if this does happen and u need to check ur leak... the best way to do this is to let the car idle while u spray brake cleaner (doesn't matter the brand) on every part that joins to another part... if the cars idle goes down/crazy... then that's where ur leak is...

i'd start with the TB area since u said u noticed it after the install...

·
Premium Member
21,034 Posts
? isnt when you press the clutch the engine takes the load off the transmission? theres a thread somewhere i read on that.. im sure my intake isnt leaking any air and when you press the clutch the rpms jump a bit then falls back down.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
i notice this to and my problem is that i wasn't use to the bottom of the gas pedal being attiched to the floor like it is and that i was still hitting it when shifting.

·
Banned
18,265 Posts
w/the old DBW system these cars ran off of it used to jump up then fall... but none of them should do this now since the Honda reflash... once u press the clutch the rpms should drop down... they might hold for a second but never jump up... if it jumps then either ur pressing the gas or u have a leak...

another way to tell is when ur slowing down to a light in neutral the rpms will drop down to 1k then go up to 1200 then drop back down to 900 then up to 1k then finally go back to normal idle once u stop...

if u notice this happening then u HAVE A LEAK...

·
Banned
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This has nothing to do with RPM'S. There is a slight lag when I push the gas pedal the first half inch then let off. It is really bad at slow MPH

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
w/the old DBW system these cars ran off of it used to jump up then fall... but none of them should do this now since the Honda reflash... once u press the clutch the rpms should drop down... they might hold for a second but never jump up... if it jumps then either ur pressing the gas or u have a leak...

another way to tell is when ur slowing down to a light in neutral the rpms will drop down to 1k then go up to 1200 then drop back down to 900 then up to 1k then finally go back to normal idle once u stop...

if u notice this happening then u HAVE A LEAK...
oh noes! I have a leak then :sadwavy:

do i just make sure all the clamps are tight or what should i do?

·
Banned
18,265 Posts
oh noes! I have a leak then :sadwavy:

do i just make sure all the clamps are tight or what should i do?
if that is the case it would indicate the leak being after the TB... if there's a leak after the TB then it wouldn't do this... for example if u install an aftermarket CAI/SRI and there's a leak somewhere there it won't affect the idle...

i found this out b/c when i installed my IMG i took everything off of my manifold so i could clean it inside and out... and when i put it back together, i broke on of the seals for one of the injectors... :pat:... unfortunately it was sucking in air from that injector causing it to idle funny...

the only other way for u to have a leak would be if one of the bolts that holds the manifold to the head is loose one of the bolts that holds the throttle body is loose or if your intake manifold is cracked...

u have to remember that these motors are mostly aluminum so over tightening might cause something to break or crack...

how to check for a leak....
when ur driving in any gear... cruise at any rpm, around 3k would be good... the press the clutch... if the rpms jump up a bit then fall u have a leak on ur intake somewhere... if this does happen and u need to check ur leak... the best way to do this is to let the car idle while u spray brake cleaner (doesn't matter the brand) on every part that joins to another part... if the cars idle goes down/crazy... then that's where ur leak is...

i'd start with the TB area since u said u noticed it after the install...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts