8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at the BDL and Skunk throttle bodies as my next upgrade for my 2007 Si. Does anyone know the OEM interior throttle body diameter? I think I read somewhere it was 68MM? Does this sound correct?

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
im not sure about this question but i would assume this would basically be just a plug and play part. no need to change anything. ie: dbw?

·
Premium Member
9,414 Posts
sb12007 said:
The Spoon says it's 70mm. Skunk2 also makes a 70mm....
thats not for our cars.. those are for the previous gens civic they just say 2001-2006 or whatever it is.. its not for the DBW and this has been asked quite a bit before

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've got a CAI, P2R spacer & gaskets, and tanabe cat back. I would like a header but am trying to stay emissions legal. Also, the Si seems to be pretty free flowing on the back-end of the motor. So I am trying to get more are in with the throttle body. Can't afford super or turbo yet...

·
Registered
191 Posts
sb12007 said:
I have been looking at the BDL and Skunk throttle bodies as my next upgrade for my 2007 Si. Does anyone know the OEM interior throttle body diameter? I think I read somewhere it was 68MM? Does this sound correct?
The 06-07 SI TB is 60mm... The 05-07 TSX TB (as well as the 05-06 RSX TB) is 64mm. But as of now the TSX TB is the only one that will work with our cars since it's also DBW. Problem is, there's no way to actually tune it yet.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
sb12007 said:
I've got a CAI, P2R spacer & gaskets, and tanabe cat back. I would like a header but am trying to stay emissions legal. Also, the Si seems to be pretty free flowing on the back-end of the motor. So I am trying to get more are in with the throttle body. Can't afford super or turbo yet...

i have the same setup but have the dc header. i would say get the header because you will be impressed with it. with staying legal.............F it. get a hf cat and a shorty then.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
yeaa stock is 60mm i think... and yes they dont have anyout for dbw yet :/ but i may go with ported mani and tb when i wanna upgrdae that... should work nice when i end up with cams and a actual tune whenever that will be. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts