8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So is the TB porting still 150 and do you do this for the new dbw throttles to? or do you kno of any componies making dbw any time soon?
thank you

·
Registered
641 Posts
k20beast said:
So is the TB porting still 150 and do you do this for the new dbw throttles to? or do you kno of any componies making dbw any time soon?
thank you
i called king already and asked the same thing... though their website says its for our cars... they told me no that it would not work due to dbw. i have called many other companies as well... they all tell me the same thing... no due to dbw... i'd buy one right now for 150! the only alternative is 06tsx throttle body which is 4mm bigger than ours.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
can we go with a 70mm or would it be pointless? i am looking at getting a pnp im and a bigger throttle body. i have an aem cai. help please?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i would just buy a new one 68-70mm but they dont have any yet...so i was goin to look into porting but no to that too.yea stock is 60 tsx is 64 right? kinda pricey from what ive heard tho just for a 64mm tb.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
do you think that there will be a big difference. can i fit my cai on the new throttle body. also the new throttle body is dbw right.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no big diff really...i mean it will help with like ported mani..etc. but yea work with your cai... and yes it will always be dbw unless u change to drive by cable which takes a lot of work and a ecu swap.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
sweet. i guess just wait for the ported im and big ass throttle body. this is what i have been wanting all day. do we have an eta on the throttle body and im.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
haha. what is an eta. you crack me up. i am just getting anxious.

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
funke said:
estimated time of arrival
it was already answered. thanks tho:wavey:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts