8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a civic r18 and i would like to get a little more throttle response...wanted to ask what throttle body to upgrade to that works with no other major change (straight fit [other honda model or after market, size, etc]... also, should i install a spacer instead? (or b4/after throttle upgrade)..
currently i have:
*k&n intake
*catback (catdelete)
*egr delete (with hondata)
and other non relevant upgrades

thank you

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I researched about this last year and nothing about the J35 throttle body being compatible to the R18 came up. Eventually I quit thinking about this engine modification saga to my EX because it would be a waste of money. It's not like the K20 (sorry to be straight up about it). It's quick enough for city driving if maintenance is top notch.

If you want real power, forced induction is the only option, and this will only keep up with a stock K20 Si.

For the throttle body spacer, P2R makes one but be careful with the thermal gasket because if it doesn't have the special hole cut for the "gasoline vaper" I think? it will set a "check fuel cap" message. I'm sure there will be small gains in your setup because you have an intake.
i ordered one from ebay... looks pretty good, still has not been delivered however i will give updates on feel and looks when i receive it (hopefully this wee)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts