8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well first off i have an 07 civic si sedan. Now i have a fujita sri and tsudo exhaust. But for a while i have noticed that if im in 4th or 5th or 6th gear and begin to press the pedal heavily my rpms jump up but i experience little acceleration. I want to say my air fuel ratio is off but i tried to reset the sensors by disconnecting the terminals for 15 min. Any help would be great not sure where to go from here. Dont know if i should take to dealer of what!

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
What you feeling is lag. Get a throttle booster for $150.00 and you'll be happy. Flashpro will help a lot but it's $700.00.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
depending on how advanced the RPM acceleration is compared to actual acceleration, it could be clutch slip or simply...4,5,6 gears are too big for crazy acceleration.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well my clutch doesnt feel bad but i have been noticing my clutch smelling strong. but the rpm acceleration is signifigant. i just wasnt sure if it was my air fuel not reading right or my clutch.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Definitely sounds like a clutch slipping. If you have bogging problems, loss of power, etc. that would be different.

But since the RPM does actually go up, but the car doesn't accelerate, the clutch is slipping. What you describe is basically a texbook example of how to detect a slipping clutch.

How many miles do you have?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Definitely sounds like a clutch slipping. If you have bogging problems, loss of power, etc. that would be different.

But since the RPM does actually go up, but the car doesn't accelerate, the clutch is slipping. What you describe is basically a texbook example of how to detect a slipping clutch.

How many miles do you have?
What he said. Plus u smell the clutch. I never smell mine, even when gettin on it

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Since the clutch is a wear item the dealer will have to find evidence of a manufacturer defect, otherwise they may not cover it.

Just want you to be prepared in case they tell you it's not covered.

Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts