8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car: 2009 Civic si sedan

I have two blank areas to the left of my steering wheel. My car came with dogs on the stalk so that takes one.
My car also came with VSA so that leaves two factory blanks.
I do have installed the Honda interior led footwell lighting kit (blue ) :(

That leaves me with one blank.........

I'm an OEM *******. If I can or if anyone knows what other oem button I can put in there and fit please let me know. It can serve no function other than take the place of that blank spot.

Dose another model have a coin holder that fits? Maybe a useless jdm headlight adjuster switch (height level).

Anyone got anything throw it my way!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It camis with a switch that has illuminatetion. Not looking for anything aftermarket.

Trying to find an oem switch or coin holder to take up the last blank. Can't do a push button don't have the space for it.

I have VSA- factory footwell light - and a blank

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
To my knowledge, Honda didn't make a coin holder that fits the 8th.

If you take the part number for the blank that our 8th gens used, you can figure out what other models it fits and use a switch from one of them.

ie: I have a 2013 Odyssey BSI switch installed for use with an aftermarket BSI system.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
You sir have peaked my interest. Can you give me more information?
The old blank part number is: 77755-SNA-U00ZA. If you Google it, you'll see what other models it fits. I dont remember the exact years but you can choose switches from the Civic, CRV, Crosstour and Odyssey. Some of the switches are single funtion, others are dual function.

The new part number is: 77755-SVA-A00ZA. This number only shows certain year Civic coupes.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I'd like to know more about the BSI system and what all is involved with it
The BSI system I have is the Goshers BSDS3016. It has 2 sensors that mount in the sides of the rear bumper. These sensors MUST be installed properly or you'll get a lot of false positives.

There is also a system that has 4 sensors. 2 rear and 2 front. It wasnt avail when I bought mine.

The in car LED displays are shown to go into the A pillar trim. I have them in the interior mirror covers for a more OEM appearance. It was a very tight fit - lots of fiddling.

I installed the Odyssey BSI switch so I could turn the system on and off at will.

I was quoted $100 by an audio shop to install it but I decided to do it myself.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dose anyone know what the factory three spots are supposed to be?

I know one is VSA

The other is ambient lighting kit "optional"

One can be foglights.

What's the other blanks for oem wise?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Dose anyone know what the factory three spots are supposed to be?

I know one is VSA

The other is ambient lighting kit "optional"

One can be foglights.

What's the other blanks for oem wise?
As far as I know, US market cars only ever had the VSA switch there from factory.

European cars have a headlight level control (part 35820-SNB-003) in the leftmost blank. Japanese cars had such a switch, with the same or similar part numbers (SNB-003, SNB-901, SNW-J01, SNW-J11)

Certain japanese cars also had a CMS/CMBS switch in the panel. Part 35310-SNB-003 or 35310-SNB-013. Also, as has been mentioned, some have an engine start button (35885-SNW-J01).

There's also been a photo showing a foglight switch with separate buttons for front and rear fog lights, but I haven't been able to identify that yet.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I greatly appreciate the information. I managed to fill the blank with a useless tire pressure switch from a CRV. I'd really love to find some type of coin holder

1 - 11 of 11 Posts