8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so my girlfriend hit my 08 civic while pulling in to park hers, just the front drivers side corner of the bumper. Scuffed it up a bit on the bumper and a tad on the headlight. I also have about 2 areas where the paint was chipped off. I'd esimate they are close to the size of a nickel.

I went to a couple body shops for estimates and heres what they told me.

Shop A had 2 options
Can either repaint the entire bumper. Cost approx 350
OR while doing my other insurance covered repairs, could buff out probably 85-90% of the scuffs, apply some touch up paint on the areas missing paint, and then clear coat them. Won't be perfect, but will be better. Cost approx $60-$75

Shop B.
Only suggested to repaint the drivers front corner of the bumper. Said that the scuff on the headlight should almost come all the way out. Cost approx $350

I am tore because of these thoughts.
Why not pay shop A to paint the entire bumper for the same cost? Wouldn't that give me a better overall result? Or will painting more the entire area result in either more room for error or some other issues.

Anyone want to play devils advocate??? I am open to your thoughts on the various repairs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm sorry its a coupe.

price really doesn't matter to me, but if its not going to be that much of a difference i take the touch up option. I just want to see if i a overlooking anything in my thought process.

·
8th-a-holic
1,293 Posts
Trust me, paint the whole thing...

You wont regret it. just make sure the shop is reputable, otherwise you will.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts