8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... I'll start where I first started moding cars. I had a 2000 Ford Exploder that vibrated more than anything and spent $60/week in gas so I ditched for my first real car love... A 2001 Jetta GLS TDI :cool: I LOVED this car and it started my infatuation with diesels. I had this one up to about 145 hp and well over 300 ft-lbs... Enough to easily chirp the wheels in 3rd gear and still get 50 MPG on the highway.

When my fiance at the time was getting ready to move in I decided to swap my truck and the Jetta for a new '04 Passat Variant TDI. The Passat combined the best of both worlds but never wowed me as much as my Jetta did. It was a great car but we didn't really need two wagons and with a sudden switch from a Pacifica to a Pilot I needed to drop my payments a good clip.

While I was out looking for at the Pilot the dealer just happened to have some '06 Civics in (unexpected early shipment). I test drove a few and the decided to sell the Passat to someone in Cali for near new price and buy the Civic.

The Civic will only get mild mods for a while. I really needed an inexpensive reliable commuter and that's what it does nicely. As much as I would have liked an SI a coupe was out of the question with babies on the way :)

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
eluwak said:
The Civic will only get mild mods for a while. I really needed an inexpensive reliable commuter and that's what it does nicely. As much as I would have liked an SI a coupe was out of the question with babies on the way :)
You could've gotten the Si. Just get a Recaro baby seat, with built-in speakers and you'd be all set :D lol

Just teasin, welcome to 8th gen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts