8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
...instantly shooting up to 9 on the KA and X bands, but after getting hard on the brakes while frantically scanning for cops and also waiting for one to fly up my six...it was the damn new Audi A6 with new car dealer plates directly infront of me that I caught up to. It seems their electrical issues are expanding beyond their own cars! Anyone else experience this recently?

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
...instantly shooting up to 9 on the KA and X bands, but after frantically scanning for cops and also waiting for one to fly up my six...it was the damn new Audi directly infront of me that I caught up to. It seems their electrical issues are expanding beyond their own cars! Anyone else experience this recently?
Wut? :nerd:

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tested it, cuz I switched lanes and passed it and my Bel went silent, then I slowed down and got behind the Audi again and it went nuts just like it did the first time, perhaps there's some sort of radar guidance on that thing for braking control sensors or something.

Wut? :nerd:

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
Are you sure you weren't high when this alleged event happend? :giggle:

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
well you have a cheap radar, no offense. Cheap radars will pick up anything and in a short range. New expensive cars have that blindspot indicators and braking warning all these anti-darwinism stuff, it's just making more radar interference.

A Valentine 1 or a Higher leveled passport will pick up the important stuff and regard everything else as junk, via its logic.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
...instantly shooting up to 9 on the KA and X bands, but after getting hard on the brakes while frantically scanning for cops and also waiting for one to fly up my six...it was the damn new Audi A6 with new car dealer plates directly infront of me that I caught up to. It seems their electrical issues are expanding beyond their own cars! Anyone else experience this recently?
English translation:
I was driving like a moron down the highway and all of a sudden my cheap ass radar detector began going crazy. I slam on my brakes, anticipating a cop, but instead of a cop come flying behind me, it was merely a new Audi A6.

It seems that this Audi A6 that was behind me was equipped with it's optional adaptive cruise control system, which relies on radar to detect cars in front of it. This set off my cheap ass radar detector.

Has anyone ever experienced this exact series of events before?

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
English translation:
I was driving like a moron down the highway and all of a sudden my cheap ass radar detector began going crazy. I slam on my brakes, anticipating a cop, but instead of a cop come flying behind me, it was merely a new Audi A6.

It seems that this Audi A6 that was behind me was equipped with it's optional adaptive cruise control system, which relies on radar to detect cars in front of it. This set off my cheap ass radar detector.

lol

·
Registered
970 Posts
English translation:

HAHAHAHAHA

I had no idea what he was talking about.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
First, your tanslation failed miserably...an attempt at a joke was marginal at best.

Second, I wasn't on the highway, furthermore I don't use other's personal driving habits, perhaps like yourself on a daily basis. I'm in control of my vehicle at all times, and will do whatever it takes to maintain that control factor.

Third, Bel is one of the top manufacturers in the marketplace, and my X65 is far from a "cheap ass radar detector". I haven't had time to look into it, but, if, the Audi is frequency equiped to perform such a function, and it utilizes the similar frequencies to do so, then there's no difference between that and a law enforcement signal, thus no false signal was recieved.

Thanks for playing.

English translation:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
WOW!!! I kinda understood the OP, but he writing style is for essay's, and not the internet. On the internet hooks are only supposed to be in the thread title not the op itself.

The translation was dead on, so idk why ur all pissy over irrelevant details.

·
Registered
10,265 Posts
First, your tanslation failed miserably...an attempt at a joke was marginal at best.

Second, I wasn't on the highway, furthermore I don't use other's personal driving habits, perhaps like yourself on a daily basis. I'm in control of my vehicle at all times, and will do whatever it takes to maintain that control factor.

Third, Bel is one of the top manufacturers in the marketplace, and my X65 is far from a "cheap ass radar detector". I haven't had time to look into it, but, if, the Audi is frequency equiped to perform such a function, and it utilizes the similar frequencies to do so, then there's no difference between that and a law enforcement signal, thus no false signal was recieved.

Thanks for playing.
1. fecurtis is funny as hell, you got owned, no need to cry.

2. you said you "slammed hard on your brakes". you shouldnt have to do this in the first place. :facepalm:

3. bel sucks.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts

Thanks for playing.
No thank you for not fully grasping the English language. Case in point, the sentence in bold. Even if I were absolutely hammered, I wouldn't be able to convey such an incoherent thought.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now that's funny...I wasn't even pre-owned...wet paper towels hold more weight than his initial reply...and yours.

1. fecurtis is funny as hell, you got owned, no need to cry.

2. you said you "slammed hard on your brakes". you shouldnt have to do this in the first place. :facepalm:

3. bel sucks.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Actually I'm thanking you for highlighting something that never had my full attention to begin with...I'm currently at the office with multiple apps open on three screens...perhaps you should replace the office secretary.

Case in point? Your grandstanding is priceless.

No thank you for not fully grasping the English language. Case in point, the sentence in bold. Even if I were absolutely hammered, I wouldn't be able to convey such an incoherent thought.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Actually I'm thanking you for highlighting something that never had my full attention to begin with...I'm currently at the office with multiple apps open on three screens...perhaps you should replace the office secretary.

Case in point? Your grandstanding is priceless.
Perhaps someone who can actually multitask should have your job. It's a shame that when such hard working people are now unemployed, someone who isn't intelligent enough to use at least halfway casual and legible English (because he is also too stupid to multi-task) has a job. I guess it's why NJ is such a shithole to begin with.

If you're so "busy" why even get pissed over a facetious joke to begin with?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Yeah I still don't know what you meant by:

"I don't use other's personal driving habits, perhaps like yourself on a daily basis."

Don't use them for what, and perhaps like myself...???? yeah no idea.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
LMFAO! It’s very simple, and I’m certain your self proclaimed precise nature will clearly understand...my getting paid to multitasks is one thing, that always, gets my full attention…casual message boards that involve my time voluntarily, don’t. However, internet trolls such as yourself who continually grandstand to maintain their attention whore ability because they’re a bit insulted that their facetious nature wasn’t well received, can deal with it, and find someone else’s leg to hump. Furthermore your comment regarding NJ just proved your lack of intelligence in that arena, especially considering the state you reside in. I hope that’s clear enough for you ace…again, thanks for playing.

Perhaps someone who can actually multitask should have your job. It's a shame that when such hard working people are now unemployed, someone who isn't intelligent enough to use at least halfway casual and legible English (because he is also too stupid to multi-task) has a job. I guess it's why NJ is such a shithole to begin with.

If you're so "busy" why even get pissed over a facetious joke to begin with?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.