8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

This Sucks..

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  CivicEXNav06 
#1 ·
so basically i got in an accident... : (

i don't want to get into any details. All im going to say is that my rear right side door has a huge HUGE dent/bump. So huget that it'll need to be replaced with a new door.

any of you guys know how much it'll run me to buy a replacement door? and get it installed?

I own an 06 Civic EX btw. any help is appreciated.

sites as to where i can purchase this part is also appreciated. i need ur HELP!

#3 ·
srry I don't have a camera at the moment cuz i left it at my uncles house which is all the way in San Diego (i Live in L.A.)

oh.. and i add this too.

As I said the damage on my rear right side passenger door is severe. Severe enough for the side curtain airbags to atleast deploy. Unfortunately the airbags didn't deploy and I only wonder what cud've happened if i had one of my friends riding on that side. The damage is centered around that door.

Im going to talk to my Honda Dealer and ask them as to why the side airbags didn't deploy at such a strong impact.

I had a friend who had a Toyota Camry 2007, got in an accident (rear end) and his airbags didn't deploy. His dad complained about it to Toyota and he got a brand new car for it. from LE to XLE.

Im wondering If this cud happen to me?

#5 ·
The impact has to meet the proper criteria for airbags to blow, they don't let go in every accident. Your friend is VERY lucky that he got a new car out of it, sure he didn't upgrade after it was totalled through insurance though?

Depending upon the damage the whole door may not need to be replaced, shops will usually just install a new door skin.

#7 ·
I live in L.A.

and the damage to my friend's camry wasn't that bad.. its comparable to the damage done to my door. cept his was on his front bumper.

Me and the guy that i got in an accident with have decided to handle the problem between ourselves.

His 95 Accord didn't suffer much damage.. just a broken tail light and his right bumper was damaged.

this really sucks.. I just started modding it.. with intentions of upgrading the lights to HID's and then this comes in :xyxnervou

I really hope i can find a shop that can do a good job with the door to make it at least look brand new.

#10 · (Edited)
If it helps I have a dent in the trunk just under the spoiler. Small but the cheapest fix price I've been offered is 500.

I might be off but I'll hazard a guess your gonna pay at least 120+ in labor charges with another 1000+ for the door.

link: Rear Door

And thats just the door, interior section is a another cost. I doubt they will salvage anything from your existing door unless they can just pop the shell on. Either way its going to be expencive because the shop will want to get the parts themselves so they can make a profit.

If you provide the parts unless you know them expect **** poor quality service. They don't like it when you cheat them out of profits.

Be careful, I'm not to sure how it works but parts you aquire yourself might not be under warrenty, or if anything else goes wrong down the road, the shop isn't liable because you didn't use provided OEM parts.

#11 ·
well after going to several body shops, i've decided to just take the accident to insurance.

1 shop estimated me for 1800+ but lowered it down to 1400 w/ good friend discount

shop 2 estimated me for 1200+ but took off 100 bux (another good friend discount) but not good enough lol..

shop 3 estimated me for 1800+ no discount at all -_-'

and now Im going to two more shops to get an estimate. I called my local Honda dealer and asked them if they fix any collision type accidents, and they said no.. but reffered me to this one shop called Fix Auto.

Since the honda service guy recommended me to that shop am thinking of just going there. My question now is this..

anyone out there in so-cal ever heard of Fix Auto Collision Center or something like that? I think they have like 9 establishments in Calif.

or if anyone had any experience w/ this shop (shop is at Ontario near Penske Honda Dealership

any furhter help is much appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.