8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:SHOCKED:

Well.. Here are pics of what happens when you "LOVE" to boost. The love of the game will cost me several months without my ride:eek:mg:.

:SHOCKED:Shockingly the size of the motor once removed from the car was impressive. Compared to my friends EVO 2.0 liter the honda motor is much larger in size. Notice the power steering column had to be complete dismanted and taken out to drop the motor. For those wanting to get into "boosting" here is a glimpse of your future. hehe.

Hummm.. what to do.. what to do!! Give more details in the next few weeks.:pray:for me!

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Greddy kit. Last Dyno I was pushing 248/198.6 @8psi.

Should have qualified from the beginning nothing was broken on the car. I loved the Greddy kit... Just want more since most my friends have either a EVO or Gen1 eclipse.

I have a local shop using my ride as a test car for the next few months. Developing a custom kit and more details and pics to come. The shop needed a test car to develop intakes, Intake manifold and custom turbo kits so I vol for my car. Hopefully I will have more details after the holidays and trying to setup a dyno day at the shop once my car is completed.

Wish me luck!

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The shop will be tuning for all parts they develop. The prelimenary discussion on size of turbo, intercooler, and etc should be determined in the next week. The biggest issue with most kits is the ablity to tune the cars. Flashing?? piggyback?? That's the biggest question.

As Holland has mentioned the shop is equipped with a HASS milling machine and currently designs compete turbo kits, intakes, intake manifolds, and etc for Toyota IS300's.

·
Banned
3,565 Posts
FYI you dont have to remove the rack/pinion from the car to remove the engine. its comes out and goes in quite easily without doing that.
Ditto. After removing the lower engine mounts and other stuff you can pick the engine out from up top without touching the steering rack. If you want to drop it, you will have to remove the subframe, but can suspend the steering rack itself.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.