8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was getting ready to go to sleep at 11:30 when I heard noise, noise and bum. When I looked out of window I saw tire marks leading towards where my car was parked. I ran outside in just my pajama pants, barefoot and this is what I saw:

The driver lost control of his SUV, went through our lawn, slammed into my car, pushed it into my landlord's car. Then ended up on the opposite side of the road. I really hope they total it, but from the damage doesn't look like it. It's a lease, so it's a win win for me anyway. If they total it, I'm leasing a TSX this month, if they don't, at least all the dents and scratches will be fixed so I can return it like new and not have a problem with a return inspection.

I was bored:

UPDATE: Damage estimated at $11K. Insurance claims it's repairable and not totaled. Based on their red books and some other shitty data, it is still worth almost $19K with tax, even though it's 3 years old. The dealer said it will take at least 4 weeks to repair. Crappy deal.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
damn that's quite some damage...hope the adjust looks at the front right and goes "aright we can fix this no problem" then goes to the back and (scratches head) says "hmmm forget what i said a few seconds ago, we're gonna total it" good luck :thumb:-

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You shouldve gotten an SI. j/k

Hope they do total it. It would suck to drive it after you know what happened to it.
I don't really care how it drives, it's a lease and I have 3 more months to go anyway. I just hope they total it so that I could lease a TSX.

aww man that sucks. Did they catch the guy?

(OT but NBP RUDY your avy is sweet!)
The guy who hit us was cool, but shaken a bit. He blabbed something about turning the engine off when he lost it. Doesn't make much sense to me.

pic of the SUV?
SUV was a Ford Explorer, late model. Not much damage. Just a cracked headlight and damaged rear fender. I still don't know how he managed to hit my front end and the rear at the same time. He was coming about 70 degrees towards my car.

·
Registered
261 Posts
The guy who hit us was cool, but shaken a bit. He blabbed something about turning the engine off when he lost it. Doesn't make much sense to me.
Turning off his engine...
Hmmm sounds like a hypermiler.
Though even if he were to turn off his engine its not the
fault of the engine not being on. Its the issue with the driver
losing control of the vehicle.

(Just saying since I do this all the time)

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't understand what's the point of this since it is a 30 mph residential street. Plus won't you loose your breaking and steering ability? My guess is that he panicked when he lost control on that turn, or maybe didn't know what he was saying.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.