8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a pretty good deal on a 2006 Civic LX with about 30k on the odometer.
Galaxy Grey color, 5 speed, almost new condition and he's only ask 10k.
Is that a good price or do you think I can work him down a little more?

He admits it was in an accident but a very minor fender bender with no frame damage.. just the front bumper replaced.

I have a 07 corolla as my daily driver right now but it's kind of boring to drive. Plus I like Honda better than Toyota.

I'd have to sell my corolla privately which will probably take months but the deal seems almost too good to pass up no?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since almost everyone here is SI fan, this is the suggestion you would hear. You could probably get it for $13-14K with around 30K miles on it.
I already have the SI. I'm just looking to swap daily driver from the 07 corolla to the 06 civic lx.. I know it's 1 year older but the mileage is about the same as my corolla. I'd have to sell my corolla which I'm not sure I can do in this market though.. maybe someone from 8th civic wants it? lol.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Just trade it in for an SL65 AMG Black. Google that; price should be roughly similar.

But really, I'd be wary of any car in a fender bender, and as you hinted, it may be difficult to sell off the Corolla. I'd phone a couple local dealers and ask for quotes before purchasing that Civic =D.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^oh we wernt aware you were a mugen guy..my STi remark is null and void now :pat:

lol.. oh come on.. a Mugen Si is still an Si.. I wouldn't mind an STI over my Mugen but I am partial to Hondas so I'd probably miss my Si after a while if I traded her for the sti. It's not always just about the HP and AWD.. although it may be to some others.

I'm going to go look at the LX today.. maybe I can talk him down some more hehe.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.