8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help, Im having a hard decision at this moment. I own a civic EX but yesterday, my dad wanted to exchange his 07 V6 camry to my car. It's because he always have long drives everyday and wanted to save gas if he use my civic.

What should I do? I want the camry because of its powerful engine but I also want the civic because Im more in love with its sleek body and nice interior. Any thoughts if I should let go?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^ yes I noticed that too. especially the build quality. The interior quality doesn't impress me. The dashboard started to have rattles during cold weather. So far, I haven't noticed anything on the transmission.

here's the pic of the camry

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
you couldnt pay me to drive the vast majority of current Toyotas. no its not the quality or Honda elitism, i just cant stand the absolute lack of any kind of driver feedback or connection with the road. i know its not a sports car but Toyota is just rediculous.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
I have to agree with e60 in this case. It's not a matter that it is a "Toyota", it's just that their cars don't do anything for me.

I heard an analogy once that Toyotas look like melted candle wax on wheels. I think that works nicely. They also look like big bugs, I think, too.

I dunno. I don't think you can go wrong either way. I'd expect the Camry quality to be better than the Civic, but the looks don't do it for me at all. Your dad's car is one of the nicer ones I've seen though.

Make sure you do a little research on the transmission slipping probably that the V6 models have.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dunno i like the look of the new camrys. Def a step up in terms of class. $19k compact to a $~25k mid size V6. Its a tough decision but not feelin the color of the camry. If you had an Si i'd say Si FTW but i dunno...
your right, If only I had an Si, I woudn't exchange the car to him cause it has enough power. I just got a bit disappointed with the ex's performance that's why Im having second thoughts. Some more comments?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Do it man, im pretty sure the camry is going to be quicker than even the si in a straightline. it beat out the v6 altima and accord (older one) and won motor trend car of the year last year. sure it has its flaws, transmission and cold rattles, but the si has them too! and seeing how u have the ex, (not dissing the ex), i think u shud definately go with the camry.also im pretty sure ive seen a thread or two on these forums about transmission problems in the ex.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
my sister has an 02 EX...127HP..plus its a 7th gen which in terms of drivers car is worse than an 8th.

.i would take one in a heartbeat over the Camry. normally civics are fun to drive even if they arent fast.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Do it man, im pretty sure the camry is going to be quicker than even the si in a straightline. it beat out the v6 altima and accord (older one) and won motor trend car of the year last year. sure it has its flaws, transmission and cold rattles, but the si has them too! and seeing how u have the ex, (not dissing the ex), i think u shud definately go with the camry.also im pretty sure ive seen a thread or two on these forums about transmission problems in the ex.
rofl.. who cares about quick when u driving that heavy beast of a camry..

keep the civic, unless he pays for both then u cant lose..

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
those camrys look really nice.... sometimes

that color is so bland, more of a car for a an older/ non car enthusiast

so unless you really enjoy the ride and luxury of the camry, you'll prob be happier with the civic

·
Registered
214 Posts
It is a hard choice. The reason I picked the civic was because the size. I'm only in high school. I had the camry 03 for awhile. I loved when corollas would come past me with a little "type S" symbol. It would give me a kick. Anyways. I got off subject. I was looking into the new ones, camry's, altimas, accords etc. I didn't want something big because I was sick of driving a car like that around. Altima was almost a go for me, they're so quick, but I got lucky and saw a black ex w/navi. It was the only one I could find around DFW so I bought it. I don't regret it because it still performs well and feel a lot lighter. The only complaint you might have is the size. The cars in another league. I'd say a step up.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks for your inputs. I decided to keep my civic. Just like CarbonS said, I like subcompacts. And the car looks very youthful. Civics are designed for the youth. I love my car.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts