8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as some of you know my subs, amp, box and navi got jacked xmas morning...

So ive decided to rebuild.. and since i dont want to have to much bass this is what im thinking

Alpine Type R Sub

* Handles up to 1500W peak power (500W RMS)
* KEVLAR-reinforced pulp cone, oversized parabolic dustcap; HAMR surround and concealed mount gasket (KEVLAR is a registered trademark of DuPont)
* High-strength brass voice-coil bobbin; 50mm voice-coil diameter
* Dual progressive oversized Nomex spiders with integrated tinsel leads for added stability
* Dual stacked magnets
* Custom cast aluminum frame with integrated heat transfer plate; radial vented VC heat sink and airflow management system
* 11" top-mount diameter; 7-3/4" top-mount depth
* Magnetically optimized motor structure
* Frequency response: 25Hz - 500kHz
* Sensitivity: 85dB
* Impedance: 4 ohms

Havnt decided on One 10 Inch or one 12 Inch???

Alpine - V-Power 400W Class D Bridgeable Mono MOSFET Amplifier with Adjustable Crossover

# 600W peak output @ 4 ohms, bridged
# 400W RMS (continuous) x 1 @ 2 ohms, 14.4V, 20Hz - 20kHz, 1% THD
# 220W RMS (continuous) x 1 @ 4 ohms, 14.4V, 20Hz - 20kHz, 1% THD
# MOSFET power supply delivers clean power with minimal heat dispersion
# Bass Engine with Bass EQ
# Adjustable 50-200Hz low-pass crossover
# Continuously adjustable gain control
# Subsonic filter
# Thermal management processor for continuous bass performance without overheating
# Discrete preamp stage; nonfading preamp output
# Top-mounted blue LED power/status indicator
# STAR circuitry
# Gold-plated input connectors

Q-Logic - Single 10" Sealed Subwoofer Enclosure

* Single 1.25 cu. ft. 10" subwoofer enclosure (subwoofer not included); space-saving wedge-shaped design
* Interchangeable baffle lets you change woofer size or shape
* Accepts subwoofer diameters from 8-7/8" to 9-5/16"
* Heavy duty 5/8" MDF construction
* Spring-loaded 5-way nickel-plated terminals
* Rugged end caps protect your enclosure
* Dark blue carpet exterior
* Includes woofer mounting screws, poly fill and wire

What do you guys think.. I don't want too much Bass I just want a good sound...

Also Adding on later...

Front

Alpine - 6-1/2" 2-Way 330W Component Car Speakers

# Compatible with MRP-F250 and MRP-F450 amplifiers
# Handles up to 330 watts peak power (110 watts RMS)
# Hybrid layered-pulp woofers with mica coating and roll rubber surrounds offer full, deep bass
# 1" swivel-ring tweeters deliver crisp highs
# Separate crossover with 6-level tweeter adjustment
# Cast aluminum baskets with integrated tinsel leads
# Strontium magnets
# Sensitivity: 87dB
# Impedance: 4 ohms
# Includes 5" x 7" plate adapters for expanded installation options

Back

Alpine - 6-1/2" 2-Way Coaxial Car Speakers

# Compatible with MRP-F250 and MRP-F450 amplifiers
# Handles up to 300 watts peak power (100 watts RMS)
# Hybrid layered-pulp woofers with mica cones, linear drive motors and roll rubber surrounds offer full, deep bass
# 1" swivel-ring tweeters deliver crisp highs
# Aluminum baskets with integrated tinsel leads
# Strontium magnets
# Sensitivity: 87dB
# Impedance: 4 ohms

Alpine - V-Power 400W Class D Bridgeable 4-Ch. MOSFET Amplifier with Adjustable Crossover

# 700W peak power @ 4 ohms, bridged
# 70W RMS (continuous) x 4 @ 4 ohms, 14.4V, 20Hz - 20kHz, 1% THD
# 140W RMS (continuous) x 4 @ 2 ohms, 14.4V, 20Hz - 20kHz, 1% THD
# MOSFET power supply delivers clean power with minimal heat dispersion
# Bass Engine with Bass EQ
# Selectable 50-200Hz low-pass crossover
# Continuously adjustable gain control
# Subsonic filter
# Thermal management processor for continuous bass performance without overheating
# Discrete preamp stage
# Top-mounted blue LED power/status indicator
# STAR circuitry
# Gold-plated input connectors

·
Registered
116 Posts
This is basicly the identical setup I was thinking, but I wasnt planning on the 6-1/2" 2-Way Coaxial Car Speakers. What are these for? Im an audio newb. And so Im not totally jacking the thread Ive heard a very similar setup and it was amazing.

Let me know how it goes

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Ditch the rears... I sound like a broken record.

Any particular reason you're picking all Alpine (ie: are you a BB employee taking advantage of a discount)? If not, I'd spread your wings a bit.
The alpine comps aren't bad, just thinking you might want to try something else.

I like the sub, amps for sure. One 10" would be a decent setup, though that depends on how much you like bass.
I'd stay away from pre-fab boxes completely though. Can you build your own? Do you mind having a shop build you one?
If I were you I'd really put some consideration into going dual 10" with the fiberglass enclosures for the sides of the trunk.... cool.

Pick up some sound deadener for the front doors so you can good better response. Also use a bit on the trunk lid; keep the bass inside the car.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ditch the rears... I sound like a broken record.

Any particular reason you're picking all Alpine (ie: are you a BB employee taking advantage of a discount)? If not, I'd spread your wings a bit.
The alpine comps aren't bad, just thinking you might want to try something else.

I like the sub, amps for sure. One 10" would be a decent setup, though that depends on how much you like bass.
I'd stay away from pre-fab boxes completely though. Can you build your own? Do you mind having a shop build you one?
If I were you I'd really put some consideration into going dual 10" with the fiberglass enclosures for the sides of the trunk.... cool.

Pick up some sound deadener for the front doors so you can good better response. Also use a bit on the trunk lid; keep the bass inside the car.

Awsome, Thanks.. Why ditch the rear?? The alpine speakers no good??

Well im not a best buy employee but i get the discount.. figured if im gonna go with alpine one thing mind as well do the rest.. especially type r.

how much would a fiberglass box cost.. i would like a shop to build me one but dont feel like spending 100 bucks on it.. or more..

as far as just one 10.. i dont need much bass at all.. inside the car im sure it will sound good.. the trunk lid and top of the trunk is dynamated..

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is basicly the identical setup I was thinking, but I wasnt planning on the 6-1/2" 2-Way Coaxial Car Speakers. What are these for? Im an audio newb. And so Im not totally jacking the thread Ive heard a very similar setup and it was amazing.

Let me know how it goes
Well they have different response levels.. and ive asked around.. ALOT.. and everyone says to get those for the front.. much better mids and highs...

im kinda of an audio newb too..

·
Registered
3,847 Posts

Well im not a best buy employee but i get the discount.. figured if im gonna go with alpine one thing mind as well do the rest.. especially type r.

how much would a fiberglass box cost.. i would like a shop to build me one but dont feel like spending 100 bucks on it.. or more..

as far as just one 10.. i dont need much bass at all.. inside the car im sure it will sound good.. the trunk lid and top of the trunk is dynamated..
What kind of budget are you looking at?

I say ditch the rears because you drive a small car for one. You won't miss 'em. Plus that allows you to really listen to music, rather than having a bunch of noise feel your cabin but lack in terms of SQ. In short, having rear speakers "image" is some serious, serious work and takes some serious processing power.

One 10 would be good. Search for fiberglass box here. Quite a few guys here have them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
rear fill is unnecessary and detracts from a good soundstage upfront. I ran my system without rear fill for several years and loved it.

I recently got a quote for a fiberglass enclosure for a single 12"----$350. It's possible that shops in your area may charge less, or more. At the very least you can always get a quote.
The enclosure I had built a couple years ago for my 12" sub cost me around $125, but it is far better than any prefab enclosure I have seen.

·
Registered
93 Posts
but he asked for good sound and if he can get the BB discount the people at BB can get accomadations for the type X's that should make them fairly cheap. i used to work at best buy and the deals they get are smoking.. i used tohave the type R components 6x8's when alpine still made them. they were great but if u want quality type X's r the way to go quality isnt something you should compromise..

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
but he asked for good sound and if he can get the BB discount the people at BB can get accomadations for the type X's that should make them fairly cheap. i used to work at best buy and the deals they get are smoking.. i used tohave the type R components 6x8's when alpine still made them. they were great but if u want quality type X's r the way to go quality isnt something you should compromise..
I'm just speculating, but more than likely he can't get the type-x on discount if he works for a big box store. Hell, my friend couldn't get me the h701 because it's not something they stock at BB.

·
Registered
93 Posts
well heres the thing you cant just go in and get them but everyso often they have these things called accomadations where u get liek special dealer prices on ALL of a certain companys merchandise.. but its only suppose dto be for you and you have to order using a credit card of your own and blah blah but they like rotate the discounts throughout the year so i guess if the employees arent getting alpine around now they might get it when alpine releases there new lineup which is when the new type X's come out.. personally i just went to the car audio shop around my way and the guy turned me onto these speakers the company is called hertz you should check them out some Italian company these speakers were simply amazing probably the best i have heard.. running at only 75 watts(the run at 150rms) i couldnt believe it... they have all price range speakers you should check them out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.