8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soo me and my dad always dreamed about buying a subaru sti, the n12 edition, and it seems like now is a pretty good time to buy one. My dad said if I sell my si we can look to buy an sti together.

So i was hoping you guys could guesstimate the value of my car

Its a rr si sedan, completely stock. Its 2007 and has a bit over 8k miles on it, practically new

but.....

It has a salvaged history. It had body damage and I needed to replace the left front door and fender. It looks mint condition now

I am hoping that I could sell it for at least 15 grand, but I dont know if thats a reasonable price and therefore I want your opinion.

·
idgaf
6,952 Posts
You will probaly get no more than 13k from what I see in my area and since it has a salvage history too. At 17, how are you going to pay for the car and insurance on a STI? Your dad?

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep, it wouldnt be my car it would be my dads but Id be put on as an additional driver, or not at all we would see

·
Registered
11 Posts
imo salvage title could be difficult to sell unless you're willing to sell it really cheap. i would try looking it up on kbb.com and then price it another $500 below if you want to sell it quicker.

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
:yeahthat:

Salvage title will hurt alot, no one is buying cars right now, better luck in the spring or right before H.S graduation. Imo, I would wait for the right time but I don't think you will get blue book or black book prices.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
If you're going to trade it in, a lot of dealers won't even touch your car, unless they're a shady dealership. I think the rule of thumb is if it's salvaged, take low book and then cut in half. It's really that bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts