8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading about HID's and looking at some kits, and that got me thinking.. with our headlights, does that mean we need a set of HID's for both high and low beam?

I was thinking of 6000 for Low, 5000 for High, and 3000 for fogs later on; all 35w.

Pretty much: do I need a seperate kit for each set of lights I want to do?

·
Registered
22,033 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm.. looks like we have some city people in here that don't do backroad driving at night and don't worry about hitting deer.

I think I'll start with the low beams then get the fogs later on. Theres a nice carshow coming up in May that I'm more concerned about at this point than anything else

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Well, what about the actual headlight itself? Do you recommend retrofitting to the stock headlight or buying a new headlight?
If you want to do a retrofit but absolutely need to drive your car, what I would do is buy a cheap extra set of headlamps, like ebay ones, and put them on temporarily while you send out your stock ones for a retrofit. after you figure out how you want your headlights to look, the retrofitters will explain to you everything that you will need, such as ballasts, projectors, shrouds, wire harness and all. and when you get your newly retrofitted stock headlamps back, you would install them back on your car and should just sell the cheap extra set of headlamps.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do like the looks of the retrofit, but that might be later on down the road. I'm planning on going turbo next spring, so paying off whats coming in tomorrow and saving for that is up on my list of priorities (and new 33's for the truck ;) )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.