8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think there is a way to better insulate your '06 through '08 civic like an '09? I test drove an '09 and I've noticed that Honda Improved the road noise significantly! I'm open to any suggestions.

P.S. Thanks for all the help with the window tint post. Got a good deal from auto images.

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
Take out your seats, carpet, and insulation and either spray the rubberized insulation on it or apply dynamat to all the floor boards, trunk panels and so on.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I used a material that I get through work that is just like Dymamat. I took everthing out of my car except the dash, glovebox, etc. I applied it using a spray glue in a can. It cut the noise down drastically. I have the Ingalls torque dampener and power stick and they make the cabin vibrate and rattle. After I deadened everything there are no rattles and a very, very light vibration while idling. I've heard of people using a carpet pad to do the same thing too.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I've heard of people using "gator guard" spray

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.