8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
personally, I do not like where the controls are for the sun roof..right above your head.. i have always noticed taht in every car.. and i so strongly disliked it until i got my 04 coupe with the control on the side, very low profile and i love it
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,294 Posts
i hate how i can never get the gas mileage honda says.. 38mpg on the highway? where?????????????/

i average between city and highway at 28-29mpg.. shifting at around 3k. I don't accelerate hard and keep the speed under 65mph for the highway. I did a full highway run on the GSP from one rest stop to the 3rd one.. approx 90 miles and i got 33mpg keeping the speed at 65 the whole way down.. wtf???

so i'll never see the 38mpg honda states for highway use. and if city is 30mpg.. why am I getting only 28-29 when i mix highway and city driving with that.. half of which is highway?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
^^ You have to remember the milage you see on the sticker on the window are estimates that are arrived at under controlled (lab) conditions. They do not take any outside factors into consideration such as air temp, humidity,altitude...etc! A good average to get over a wide variety of driving conditions should be 34-36. :)
 

·
Acorns!
Joined
·
17,760 Posts
at about 20k miles on my 7thgen I hit 39.8mpg on a full tank of gas. The whole tank was basically on cruise control - highway driving. Usually like 35mpg though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
I'm getting 38-40mi/gallon even around the city. I put in excatly 10 gallons in when I had no bars left and only the orange light. Tank was Completly empty. I went 388 miles until tank was empty again, so it must just be were you live.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Figure in your terrain too. If you have lots of hills like I do your mileage will be lower. An area with no hills will get higher.

The one thing I don't like about the 8th gen is: mine isn't here yet!!! lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
594 Posts
wait if u have hills ull use the same amount of gas lol... cuase ur goin up hill....


unless u live in a place where its only down hill =P which is impossible (except for the freaky beer commercial)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,294 Posts
i don't live in a 'hill' area. Considering its cool out and I don't have the A/C running, I should be getting those specs if not more.

When I had my RSX Type-S I was getting 3-4mpg more then what was rated. I never knew of a honda that was over rated on fuel consumption. Even my Honda PWC says 1.2 hours at WOT and I'm getting a little more then 3 hrs. Same goes with hp, honda usually under rates them.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,294 Posts
06civicex said:
I'm getting 38-40mi/gallon even around the city. I put in excatly 10 gallons in when I had no bars left and only the orange light. Tank was Completly empty. I went 388 miles until tank was empty again, so it must just be were you live.

how many miles on the engine. I already have 2800 so I figure I should be getting the fuel consumption by now..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,294 Posts
06EX Owner said:
^^ You have to remember the milage you see on the sticker on the window are estimates that are arrived at under controlled (lab) conditions. They do not take any outside factors into consideration such as air temp, humidity,altitude...etc! A good average to get over a wide variety of driving conditions should be 34-36. :)

like i said, i'm getting below the city mpg when i'm mixing more highway with city...its weird.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
unplugged said:
how many miles on the engine. I already have 2800 so I figure I should be getting the fuel consumption by now..
I have close to 2000 miles on the car now, but I think I got real close to 38 mi/gallon on the very first tank of gas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
I'll let you guys know what I'm getting after a few tankfuls of gas. I'm trying to be good on the car, but it's fun to drive.

Dislikes (thus far):
* Shifting is a little rough and the throws somewhat long

That's it! :woot:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,294 Posts
GalaxyGrayMark said:
I'll let you guys know what I'm getting after a few tankfuls of gas. I'm trying to be good on the car, but it's fun to drive.

Dislikes (thus far):
* Shifting is a little rough and the throws somewhat long

That's it! :woot:
i thought it was just me, but the shifting seems rough with me too. It could also use another gear, especially on highway driving.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
unplugged said:
i thought it was just me, but the shifting seems rough with me too. It could also use another gear, especially on highway driving.
I actually thought about that myself. I've been driving 6 speeds for the past 4 years or so and the Civic could probably use another gear. It's still a blast to drive and, come to think of it, Honda may have left the 6th gear as a marketing value-add for the Si.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
EX M/T (Atomic Blue Metallic which I LOVE).

I have just over 1700 miles. Now that I'm past the 600 mile break-in I'm driving a little more aggressive. The last two tanks got 34.6 mpg on LA highways. 36 mpg on a return trip from Vegas plus 100 miles around LA. (if you know the LA-Vegas traffic on the weekends you know you can be in the middle of the desert and only in second gear) I was at 401 miles with 1.1 gallons left in the tank (11.1 to fill).

MY PET PEEVE:
There is a rubbing sound (I'm guessing rubber on metal?) from somewhere when the car flexes at slow speeds. Can't tell if it's the passenger door or trunk area.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,294 Posts
GalaxyGrayMark said:
I actually thought about that myself. I've been driving 6 speeds for the past 4 years or so and the Civic could probably use another gear. It's still a blast to drive and, come to think of it, Honda may have left the 6th gear as a marketing value-add for the Si.
i'm sure they did..
 
1 - 20 of 241 Posts
Top