8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK well i dropped my car at honda two weks ago on tuesday, and its friday night at 2am, i just got home from work...after i picked my brother up.

I had the 3rd gear issue and got it to do it as you all remember, well im going nuts waiting for my car, they didnt have a rental for me si i borrowed my brothers 5th gen HB, and the trade off was that i have to drive him to work and pick him up... well this added another 2 hours drive to my day...EVERYDAY!!!... and im sick of driving 3 hours to and from work everyday...

I just dropped by honda a couple of minuts ago and looked to see if my car was on the lot and good to go, well it wasnt on the lot, so i looked in the shop and it was on the lift with the front tires off of it and obviously not done.......................:xyxnervou

I WANT MY CAR DAMM IT!!!

and yes i did call honda canada to try to get a rental and no go... thy said its up to the dealership, and yes when i pick it up i will look at the screen and try to get the TSB# that they are covering it under.

Give me a pile of metal and i can make you a damm tranny in two weeks...god!!!, and i have a football game to goto at 3pm tomarow...

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

:yeahthat: ...

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is the longest that ive gone without my car...., one was was before, and i just called them and they said that they are keeping it till tuesday because the realized that they needed to order a final drive, some thrust washers and 3-4 bearings(incliding the output), this is in addition to 2nd 3rdn 4th 5th gears and synchros, forks, sliders bushings and reverse... im missing some parts too that i cant remember right now...

WHY? didnt they just replace the tranny??? the only things that are going to be original is the case and mainshaft???

lol and they didnt ask me any questions about anything, or call me to say that i have to pay for anything...

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
How the hell can they keep your car for 2 weeks for warranty repair and not give you a rental. I don't have another car and there is not likely anybody I could borrow one from. There is no way I could be without a car for 2 weeks.

·
Hidy Ho Neighbor
29,707 Posts
I'd be raising holy hell with that dealership. How long did they tell you it would take in the first place? I would have insisted on getting a loaner, which I would have beat the snot out of every time I drove it.

Good luck & keep us posted.

·
All Liver GSP's!
3,619 Posts
maybe you could ask your salesperson to go and push them along a little bit.....oh thats right, hes an "ass".....seems like if you would have played nice you might have someone who could get it done faster for you.

Live and learn (or dont!) I guess? Eh?

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they never gave me a time..., i went there and they took my car in, i asked how long it was going to take, they said that they didnt know... i asked for a rental and they said that they didnt have one avalable for another week(monday) and i assumed that it wasnt going to take that long, but i asked them to rent me one instead from a rental place or hive me a "extended" test drive with another honda... they said no go so i called HOC and they said well we'd like to help but thats a no go. its upi to the dealership...

i can walk to it from my house thats how close it is. so im not too pissed at it since i have my brothers car to drive but the 3 hour drived are pissing me right off...

My salesman that sold me the car(Clark, Good guy) works for a totaly diffent dealership, i dont like it and its too far, but i like him :D.

this is literly the longest i have been without my own car to dive... and im going to be honest with you i have visited it a few times already just to remind myself what it looks like.... and so it doesnt get lonley, but im sure all the cars are exchanging stories on the ol' honda lot, filling new Si's heads with nonesense...

??Wait what was i talking about??

OH YAH. DAMM HONDA!

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
3 weeks in some states qualifies you for lemon law. IDK if you want to deal with that... you'd have to check

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
do those states include provinces??? like ontario lol.

I love my si, after they fix the 3rd gear thing there wont be a thing wrong with it, the lemon thing is not worth the effort, my brother tried it with a grand vitara... not worth it...

If I didnt like my car i would dive it to a reserve and put a case of beer on the hood... BOOM no more car...(seriously)

im a little annoyed that it took till thursday night for them to get the parts, i know that this is the new fid for the 3rd gear thing but common... it took a week for honda to release the parts for use...

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
looks like im going to be putting on my new foglights at work... WOO HOO Getting paid to put my fog lights FTW

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
GOT MY CAR BACK!!!

it came out to $1500 in repairs on just the tranny..., i couldnt get any part# or a TSB, all i could do is sneek a peak at the screen and see the parts on it as he was closing the work order... ?and there was 120km more on the odometer? i guess they needed to test drive it to make sure it was good..., also when i came to pick it up the mechanic was standing by the cashear... I said, hi im here to pick up my car... and he said the Habbi SI right?, I said Yes???, then he and the girl at the desk talked about the colour for a bit...

Its been so long(almost 3 weeks) that i almost forgot what it looked like, i had to hit the button to see which one is my car... But i took it for a boot and it seems strong, Im gonna give her a bit of 94 oct. gas as a treat and a good wash for being suck a good car...(I'm not relly crazy, just sentamental)

they updated the software and there is no more hesitation and surging when cold, but the rev hang is still there.

AND!!! i got a free all wheel alingment...

OK enough chit-chat im gonna go drive it around...

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
lol, they didnt cover the tranny?, chraged you $1500? and racked up 120km? and took 2 weeks?!

lol, i would heave taken my car and not payed them.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
wait for him to respond... he may have just seen the expense to do it - you don't know if he was charged that.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts