8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put the title in quotations because Im sure this same kind of thread gets posted at least ten times a day. Anyway I am new to tuning, in fact I had a 2000 Si I left bone stock(i know a real shame) til i sold it a few months ago for my 2008 fg2. I recently have been reading all about tuning and being new to it all I am still nowhere near tuner savvy. I bought Cobb AP and it should be coming on thursday and one reason it was so appealing to me was because of the set maps. The problem is I am running a K&N typhoon CAI and Greddy Evo2 cat-back exhaust. I also have the stock header for the moment. So do I stick with the stage 1 or what are my options? Also I hear everyone say to use the software to custom tune but I was reading on the cobb site that its in beta testing and hasnt been released. whats the deal with that?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
you guys arent answering my question and I did look into hondata but did u guys read the sticky comparing the two on this site? It seemed like Cobb was the better choice without a doubt.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Stage 1-stock header
Stage 2- Race header

if your just sticking with basic bolt ons then cobb isnt that bad of an option and its cheap. But hondata is way ahead of cobb right now and hondata has a lot more "set maps" elimates rev-hang and has map tuning.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stage 1-stock header
Stage 2- Race header

if your just sticking with basic bolt ons then cobb isnt that bad of an option and its cheap. But hondata is way ahead of cobb right now and hondata has a lot more "set maps" elimates rev-hang and has map tuning.
Thanks, so for right now I will stick with stage 1 and in the future I will go to stage 2. I believe cobb now eliminates rev-hang i could be wrong tho.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Thanks, so for right now I will stick with stage 1 and in the future I will go to stage 2. I believe cobb now eliminates rev-hang i could be wrong tho.
they tried to eliminate it in the v104 map i believe but it didnt work out to well. so they pulled the map and are currently working on a fix for it that will eventually come out.

·
Banned
4,164 Posts
Stage 1-stock header
Stage 2- Race header

there is enough proof on this forum alone that u will make more power even with bolt ons with flash pro vs COBB.

cobb is a ok alt for flashpro...and its a tad cheaper.

i dont see how TS's findings could have lead him to thinking cobb is better than flashpro, especially since he used this forum to do your research. most people on here love flashpro. its an amazing great tuning device.

My advice to u and im sure other members advice will be if u can still cancel the order or send back ur cobb and get hondata, do so.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okay thats fine guys flashpro may be better than AP but I did my research and I wanted to get AP and there is nothing i can do about it or let alone wanna do about it. I even have hondata the sponsor pming me about how flashpro is better. Let me make clear that im cool with that. But I am getting AP now can you answer my damn questions?

·
Banned
4,164 Posts
okay thats fine guys flashpro may be better than AP but I did my research and I wanted to get AP and there is nothing i can do about it or let alone wanna do about it. I even have hondata the sponsor pming me about how flashpro is better. Let me make clear that im cool with that. But I am getting AP now can you answer my damn questions?
your options are slim with AP..

i think there is a guy on here who tunes it..

PM vit viper or mucter.. i know for a fact mucter had AP but switched to FP and vitviper i know used FP.. but non the less they are both very smart guys when it comes to tuning..

from what i was reading alot of members who had AP switched to FP.

but like i said ur options and info for AP are limited and if u seriously have the ability to switch to FP u will be thanking me later for it..

u said urself ur new to modding cars and that u dont know alot about it.. if the majority of ppl are telling u hondata is better for your civic si then i would listen. but u can choose to be thick headed..

good luck with the AP

·
Banned
4,164 Posts
o and last time i checked cobb accessportapotty does not correct rev hang..

it may have been updated but i dont think it does so theres another "damn" answer possibly

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
How many times does he have to say it? he's not interested in flashpro. You guys need to go to the flashpro subforum why are you even here?

To the OP: I would check out accesstuners they should be able to help, or mucter, rulosi, or dan0974, I believe you should be able to pick a stage 1 basemap then do a maf calibration and you'd be fine. Im not 100% on that though so i would hit up one of the guys from accesstuners.

Edit- Also i've been running cobb for awhile now and i do believe that flashpro has the upper hand, you cant really argue with that, but i have i/h/e and have had no problem's with the accessport or the basemap since its been installed, its limited in the F/I area but just for basic boltons it works fine.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
we are telling him because he is wasting is time and money fondling with Cobb Accessportapotty, when he could spend 200 more and be WAY more satisfied. kthanksbye :wavey:

no your pissing him off because he wants a answer not a bunch of posts in his thread telling him to get something that he's said he wasnt interested in getting. He can make his own decisions he doesnt need your opinion on what he should have done. if your gonna post actually answer the question instead of not contributing to the thread at all.

kthanksbye.

okay thats fine guys flashpro may be better than AP but I did my research and I wanted to get AP and there is nothing i can do about it or let alone wanna do about it.

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
o and last time i checked cobb accessportapotty does not correct rev hang..

it may have been updated but i dont think it does so theres another "damn" answer possibly
I'm an AccessPort Beta Tester and below is a video of the rev hang fix that will be released in the next few days. They have fixed many of the issues that previous users have experienced and the unit is working the way that it should.
Cobb AccessPort Rev Hang Fix

As far as using the AccessTuner Race software, yes it's beta but it's not like it doesn't work at all... you can use it for everything except FI currently.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How many times does he have to say it? he's not interested in flashpro. You guys need to go to the flashpro subforum why are you even here?

To the OP: I would check out accesstuners they should be able to help, or mucter, rulosi, or dan0974, I believe you should be able to pick a stage 1 basemap then do a maf calibration and you'd be fine. Im not 100% on that though so i would hit up one of the guys from accesstuners.

Edit- Also i've been running cobb for awhile now and i do believe that flashpro has the upper hand, you cant really argue with that, but i have i/h/e and have had no problem's with the accessport or the basemap since its been installed, its limited in the F/I area but just for basic boltons it works fine.
thanks for the help dude, I appreciate you actually trying to help me out with my thread on accessport that somehow was turned into a bashing accessport thread. All I wanted was some good advice, not a few biased people who have flashpro to tell me that I just threw away $495. I thought I did my research well and did a **** load of reading and for me and my Si cobb seemed the way to go.

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
thanks for the help dude, I appreciate you actually trying to help me out with my thread on accessport that somehow was turned into a bashing accessport thread. All I wanted was some good advice, not a few biased people who have flashpro to tell me that I just threw away $495. I thought I did my research well and did a **** load of reading and for me and my Si cobb seemed the way to go.
Dude, don't let anyone tell you you made a bad decision. I know plenty of AccessPort owners who are very happy with their decision, including myself. I just tuned reedjor1 and he loves his accessport. It's all about what you want to get out of it and if you did the research and think the accessport was the way to go for your setup and future plans, then I think you will be very happy with the results it will yield for you. Check out The Un-Official Cobb AccessPORT users community | AccessTUNERS for free basemaps and tuning advice and if you have any questions feel free to hit me up any time. [email protected] or [email protected]

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks dan im sure when I get the module I will have some more questions so thanks for the hook ups

·
Premium Member
45,045 Posts
:facepalm: so much AP hate in this thread.

The AP is a nice tuning solution and is substantially less expensive than the flashpro.

If there is no off the shelf map option, just pick whatever is close and watch the a/f.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts