8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive have these tires for probally a month now and the handling is great they hook perfect you can actually tell this car has a LSD now haha compared to the stock tires and the road noise isnt bad unless your weird and dont listen to music! the drive in the rain is great i havent hydroplaned yet and dont plan on it im just letting you guys no that these tires are sick but i dont now how many miles ill get out of them o well:thumb:

BFGs kdw g-force

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
I love these tires. The only downside I have read in reports is that they are very noisy. I believe these are the same tires only in a different size offered on the Mugen Si.

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there not noisy to me but if you really pay attetion to them you can hear the road noise but a little music can take care of that

·
Registered
440 Posts
I've had these tires on my Gram Lights for about 500 miles and I have to agree; they are great, especially for a 300 tread wear rating. They are the best tires I have ever had in the rain. They inspire much too much confidence on wet roads. The reports are true, they are indeed loud and probably won't get any quieter as the tread wears down. I am very happy with them too.

·
Registered
750 Posts
love these tires. ive had them on for about 300 miles now and are extremely happy witht them. for those who complain about noise it will only bother you if you really try to listen to them. a litlle music can fix it.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
how much are they? I have used toyo proxes 4, which are more of an all season high performance tire, for the last couple years on my cars, but i think my next set i am going to try something different.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
About how many miles should these tires last?

·
Registered
150 Posts
mattsbobo said:
About how many miles should these tires last?
they don't have a very long life on those tires thats the only bad thing about them but they are good one of the best street radios slicks that u can buy :vtec: :vtec:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
thedamaja said:
I hope you didn't pay much for the nitrogen fill, what a scam that is.
Costco fills it with nitrogen for free if you buy the tires from them so I don't know what kind of scam that is :xyxnervou. I guess it's a good marketing strategy if you call that a scam. They just charge an extra $10 (included in price of tire) per tire for installation, which is cheaper than other places that I've seen that charge $15 per tire. Plus they had a promotion going on where you get $60 off when you buy a set Michelin or selected BFGoodrich (G-Force included in the "selected"), but that's only like $15 dollars off after tax. I got lucky and I came in on the last day of the promotion. So I was able to put the tires on rain check to see if that was the best possible price I could get it at. Since the only other place I see them available is on tirerack.com and with shipping, Costco would be (a little) cheaper with the $60 off promotion, I'll go back to order them in a few days.

Also, Costco offers free "lifetime" rotation and tire repair if I ever get a flat.

·
Registered
376 Posts
If it doesn't cost extra then I'd get it to, certainly won't hurt anything. We don't have any Costco stores here and every local tire place wants like $10-15 a tire for the nitrogen which is why I said what I did.

You're right it's just a bunch of marketing hype. Figure normal air is already 78% nitrogen so there's only 22% possible difference. Now the only way you would come close to 100% nitrogen is with a dual valve stem wheel like a Kosei K1-TS or Enkei GTC01. With a normal one valve wheel how do you purge all the air and replace with nitrogen?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Nitrogen is better, having your tires filled with it, decreases moisture in the tire, making them last longer, it also stayes inflated longer. Those are the two main benefits.

·
Registered
376 Posts
schwartzki said:
Nitrogen is better, having your tires filled with it, decreases moisture in the tire, making them last longer, it also stayes inflated longer. Those are the two main benefits.
True it is marginally better for air retention. Consumer reports found that air lost 1.3psi more over one year vs nitrogen. Moisture in the tire all comes down to the compressor you use. Like I said before, if it's free go for it. Otherwise you'd be better off investing in an air gauge.

No matter what you fill your tires with you still should check the pressure each month.

http://blogs.consumerreports.org/cars/2007/10/tires-nitrogen-.html

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i payed 125 per tire pluse installition balanceing and rotation not bad really the price came up just a little over 600

·
Registered
750 Posts
FBP FG2 said:
These are my next set that's going on my Mugen GP. They cost a lot though. I'm ordering them from Costco filled with nitrogen and install for a little over 6 bills.
got mine from there. price for 18's gets pricey and they had the same price as most online stores plus instalation and nitrogen.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
The KDW 2's were stock on my SRT-4 and they really weren't really that loud. I had my tires stock for 8,000 miles and I tracked them 2-3 times (spinning thru 3rd gear) and the grip was pretty damn good on them. I'd buy them again for a car with a lot less HP/TQ and less weight :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts