8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
That sucks. Thieves make me want to apply cruel and unusual punishment :lildevil:
I had a $200 cell phone stolen a couple of years ago. It had GPS and was sending out a signal but would police track it? Hell no. What a waste, it would have taken them right to the mf-ers.
Wouldn't help with electronic devices, but does anyone know how much LoJack costs?

·
Registered
396 Posts
That sucks. Thieves make me want to apply cruel and unusual punishment :lildevil:
I had a $200 cell phone stolen a couple of years ago. It had GPS and was sending out a signal but would police track it? Hell no. What a waste, it would have taken them right to the mf-ers.
Wouldn't help with electronic devices, but does anyone know how much LoJack costs?
i got my lojack with my civic package and i think it cost like $700.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Man that sucks. In my old car I had a Zune, and someone hit me so i got out, I was all pissed and stuff. I had my windows down, and everyone gathered around. I got out of the car, and I went up to the dude that hit me. We negotiated with no trouble. I had a tiny paint scratch so I didn't mind, and he had a dent. It popped out easily at a local shop. Anyways, while my windows were down, someone had jumped into my car, and took the player. I didn't realize it until way after the accident. It doesn't end there. I went to the store and got another one. I had an fm transmitter, and the suction cup thing left from the old one. A month later, the guy that stole my Zune came up to me, and got all emotional, and said he was sorry. Maybe he overheard something I said in class to his friend about what I'd do if I ever found the person that stole it. So then I had 2 Zune's. Sold one to a good friend of mine, and kept the other. 2 months later, my car window gets busted probably in the middle of the night. This guy took everything, and yeah... there's my bad experience with exposed electronics in a car. Lesson learned from back then. Now I have a nice sound system, but I'm not exposing a single thing in the dash. I have the factory nav which I'm still worried about, but I think the Viper alarm I'm getting soon should do the trick

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
people will break into your car if u leave the imprint from the GPS mount on the windshield. Make sure u rub that off next time.
I never thought about that. Makes perfect sense.

I've always wondered why these tings don't get ripped off more often. I see people leaving them in plain sight on the windshield all the time around here, and even those tv screens that strap to headrests so kids can watch movies, they're everywhere.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I never thought about that. Makes perfect sense.

I've always wondered why these tings don't get ripped off more often. I see people leaving them in plain sight on the windshield all the time around here, and even those tv screens that strap to headrests so kids can watch movies, they're everywhere.
Somewhere in Mass there was a neighborhood where pretty much everyone who had the suction cup marks on their windshield had their car broken into!

I can't quite remember where it was though...

·
Registered
214 Posts
my car got broken into last night. took my 2 day old garmin gps and the mount. funny thing was i didnt even leave it in sight, it was in the glove compartment.
The person that stole your navi had to know you had it in the glovebox or just knew you had it. Make sure to keep an eye out on anyone whose seen you with it out. Did you put it in the glovebox after your car was parked at your place? If so, someone maybe saw you, or it could be someone you work with. Idk, just look around because this guy most likely knew you had it. Your mount might also be another factor though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i live in ny. it was at my job in brooklyn. i was parked like one block away. and i did not mount it on the windshield, it was on the dash using the special disk mount it comes with. im thinking someone say me driving with it cause im there like 4 days a week, and recognized my car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.