8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the most bizarre person approach my car today. I drive about 25-ish miles each way to work, every day. I'm always in the fast lane doing about 70-75ish, then merge to the right-most lane to get off the ramp by my office.

Today was no different. I'm cruising along in the left lane, and start looking over so I could get to the right lane. In the far right lane, maybe 2-3 cars behind I see a red EG Civic. I wonder if it's my co-worker's car but quickly realize it's not (co-worker has a coupe, this guy has a hatch). I thought about the car for maybe 1 second, didn't stare at it or anything.

Anyways I go to the right lane smoothly, exit the off-ramp. I notice the guy behind is that red civic I saw. Usually I like taking off-ramps fast for kicks, and I notice the guy behind is sticking really close behind in his DX. That's odd, I thought. I couldn't go as fast as usual because a truck was in front (not to mention it was raining), but it was still strange that the guy behind would be so close. I get off the off-ramp, and the guy all of a sudden passes me from the left. Mind you there is no left lane, so he's in the opposing lane of traffic.

I find that weird, so I drift to the right to give him room, so he won't get hit by opposing traffic. He then cuts in front of me and stops, and I'm like "what the heck." I stop too.

All of a sudden this black guy in his late 30s storms out of the car, tells me to open the window. I do, and he's starts yelling at me, pointing his finger at my face.

"WHY THE F&@K ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME!?"

Me: "Huh?"

"YOU WERE [email protected]&KING FOLLOWING ME, I KNOW IT"

Me: "Dude, I drive here every day to work, my work is just right there."

"IF I FIND YOU FOLLOWING ME AGAIN I'M GONNA F*&KING KICK YOUR ASS. I'M SICK OF THIS [email protected]"

He storms back to his car, makes a U-turn and gets back on the freeway. What the heck. That's some serious random craziness I had today. How could I be following him if I was in FRONT of him?? Man, some people...

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You shoulda taken his license number and called the cops. Have him checked out for "driving under the influence" :giggle:
In retrospect, that's what I should've done. But I was just so surprised and blown away by what he was saying. We were stopped in the middle of the road right by the off-ramp, so I was eager to shoo him away. Plus I was running a bit late for a morning meeting =P

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i would have never stopped. you dont know what he could have done...
If I didn't stop, I think the guy would've chased me around. Plus it was 10am in the morning, didn't expect it to be some cracked out paranoid guy. Thought he was going to yell at me for cutting him off, or tell me my tire was flat, lol.

·
Binks
18,139 Posts
You're right about psycho people driving. Last Friday morning, I left my house to go to my school. I made a right from my street. Then a black CRV or Rav-4 sped up and tail gated me all of a sudden(I was driving about 20mph while still accelerating). That SOB went on the other side of the road and tried overtaking me while I was driving 30mph. The driver then cut me off and almost hit my front end. I didn't have a chance to follow that prick since I didn't want to be caught in traffic. I swear, why was this driver being a douche bag at 7:00 in the morning?

·
Registered
11,037 Posts
well here in jax people dont get out of cars...and yall at other drivers...cuz people like me have firearms in our cars to protect ourselves...and in fl law if we feel threatend to the point of possible bodily harm or death we have the right to open fire...in fact that happened to me the other day...some guy from arizona cut me off...i reved my engine and honk my horn and at the stop light he burts outta the car...and walking to my car he sayin stuff like imma kick ur ass...etc...so i pull out my smith and wesson just in case...i never saw a fat guy run so fast in my life....

·
Banned
171 Posts
I agree with what everyone else said, you have NO idea if he had a gun. Best bet would be to drive away. If he starts following you again, pull into a police dept. office or such...

Glad you got away safely though!

·
They Call me Kobe!
11,510 Posts
I agree with what everyone else said, you have NO idea if he had a gun. Best bet would be to drive away. If he starts following you again, pull into a police dept. office or such...

Glad you got away safely though!
:yeahthat: that was what i was taught by my brother as well. always call people for help, and dont drive to a dead end, your house or workplace/mall where the guy can find you easily. now aways there are many people on the streets who do stupid things, when you try to do a lane change they speed up like mad and then maintain the speed as you and so on (not letting you turn).

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.