8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Story is in a nut shell possible hydro-lock. Motor is toast pieces of it on the road and oil all under her car on the exhaust which caught fire. Once the dealership gets it torn down ima get pictures of the block cause im almost positive theres a big hole. :( :Mad: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I don't think hydrolock would cause a hole to blow in the block or a fireball to shoot out the exhaust. It usually makes the motor bog & go sluggish.

Damn, though. That looks rough.

I'm guessing something with oil pressure, hence the fireball? I'm no mechanic.

Either way, sorry to see that.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
holy crap, sorry to hear that, that looks horrible, why did the exhaust catch fire. were you pushing it in the rain or it just went boom

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it happened last night. it wasnt raining then. I think it happen on the way home fromt he SI meet on sunday. I got caught in some traffic on 64W and I guess the puddle I went threw was deeper than I thought and the car shut off and wouldnt start for awhile.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hondasi006 said:
so when you finally got it started that happened
very jumpy i had to get home! the next day i took it to the dealership and they said everything was fine with my car but i guess everything wasent fine :xyxnervou: i have had the worst three days of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
rippars said:
damn kelly that sucks. why did they let you continue to drive after taking it to the dealer? hope you get everything sorted out.

wanna buy my car. :laughing:
no you wanna buy my car
:laughing:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
well i dont mean to make your ordeal worse, i was just tryin to get this story straight, im confused. you sucked up water. the car shut off so you finally got it started and then took it to the dealer ship they said everything was fine and then a couple days later the motor blew and cought on fire

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[QUOTE="Ridge"Racer]so, i guess you wont be coming out to va beach on friday?? J/K sorry for your loss.[/QUOTE]

you want to come and get me?????

1 - 20 of 132 Posts