Date:
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Time:
9:00am - 5:00pm
Street:
Varsity Dr
City/Town:
Raleigh, NC

This event is our own version of an amazing, national-scale car show and is out of our biggest events of the year. It will be a day filled with incredible cars, a chance to show off your ride, loads of opportunities to win trophies (with or without a ride), burn through a set of tires (or watch someone else do it), settle horsepower disputes, and participate in some of the more ridiculous events in motorsports. You'll also have a chance to meet club members and talk to some of the premier gearheads on campus and in the surrounding area. Everything on wheels is eligible for awards (If you bring a tank or hovercraft we'll make exceptions). We'll also be bringing in as many vendors as possible ranging from food to performance parts and racing shops. We’re shooting for 500 cars this year. Read on for specifics.

33+ Trophy Categories
Burnout Challenge
Mobile Dyno (sponsored by BRM Motorsports)
4x4 RTI Ramp
Exhaust/Audio Sound Off
Engine Blow-up Raffle
Lowrider Competition/Bounceoff
Donk-off
Wolfpack FSAE and Formula Hybrid Exhibits
Racing Video Game Cockpit
Vendors and Tuners
DJ's and Food

Price:
Free to attend, $10 to enter a vehicle in judging. Also featuring $1 raffle tickets and $10 dyno runs. You may pre-register for the show on our website.

North Carolina State University Campus, West lot. If you are familiar with the campus it is just across the street from the police station on Varsity Drive.

Hours:
Show area opens at 9:00 AM.
Exhaust/Audio soundoff begins at 12:00 PM.
Burnout Challenge begins at 2:00 PM.
RTI 4x4 Ramp Contest begins at 1:00 PM.
Judging Starts at 2:00 PM.

Directions:
North Carolina State University Campus, West lot. If you are familiar with the campus it is just across the street from the police station on Varsity Drive.

There will be signs directing traffic from the major roadways onto campus.

From the North: Follow 85 S into North Carolina. Take US 1, S towards Raleigh. Drive through downtown and take the Western Blvd/NC State University exit. Drive through 5 sets of lights, and make a right onto Varsity Drive. West Lot will be on your right.

From the East: Follow 64 W to I-440 E (Inner Beltline) towards Durham/Benson. Then take exit 298B, S. Saunders St, towards Downtown Raleigh. Then follow MLK/Western Blvd. Take a left and drive through 5 sets of lights. Make a right onto Varsity Drive. West Lot will be on your right.

From South: Follow I-40 W to I-440/I-40 W. Then take exit 298B, S. Saunders St, towards Downtown Raleigh. Then follow MLK/Western Blvd. Take a left and drive through 5 sets of lights. Make a right onto Varsity Drive. West Lot will be on your right.

From the West: Take I-40 E towards Raleigh. Take exit 289 to Wade Ave. Then follow I-440 S towards Hillsborough St, Sanford. Then take exit 2A onto Western Blvd, towards Downtown Raleigh. At the 4th light turn left onto Varsity Drive. West Lot will be on your right.

Parking In Groups:
If you have a group of 5 or more participating vehicles, you may pre-register at our website. State your club name, the number of participants, and one member's contact information. (phone number preferred.)

Sponsors/Vendors:
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor or vendor at the show please contact [email protected]. Space is virtually unlimited.

Notes:

We urge you to please drive cautiously around the NC State campus
due to local and campus police strict enforcement of pedestrian rights and traffic laws.
Campus police have full authority of the law.

If more than 5 8thcivic members attend I can register us as a club and we can park together. It's just $10 to enter a car, so please come!

8th Civic Members Attending:

01. NCSUSI
02. cjackson2435 +1

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet, yeah its going to be a huge turnout.

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
ill have to save this and check my calendar
this looks like a mini NOPI show hahaha
almost
anyway do you guys do this annually?
or is this like the first one?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is going to be our first one, but if this one is successful they want to turn it into an annual event.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sweet man im looking forward to state even more now lol
Yeah dude its awesome, you defiantly need to apply. Wolfpack SCC is like my favorite thing about this school.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
Well, I guess I'll cancel the Mega Meet then, if all you are going there.:badger:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nah dude dont cancel your meet :D. I doubt many people will come all the way to raleigh anyways.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
I was kinda looking forward to this one at VIR since there was going to SCCA racing the same day, is it still on?
Yeah, so far it is.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bump.

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
hmmmmmmmmm.....I think the SCCA event might over take this....sorry

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
Ill see about it, My car has a bad dent/missing paint on the hood, and dents behind driver door, under passenger door. If I had side skirts it would cover both side dents.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i think i'mma have to come to the NCSU meet.. since i'm from Raleigh sorry mattsbobo.. but i'mma have to cancel the drive to Va.. woot for Raleigh for having a car show!!~

1 - 20 of 20 Posts