8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1481 - 1488 of 1488 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes, they are straight OEM replacements. Do some research. They will handle lowering springs just as well as OEM struts. OEM struts can handle a "mild" drop as well.
You misunderstood me. No need for me to “Do some research.”

What I meant is it’s not the same as OEM. Tokico Blues have a little shorter strut rod than OEM struts and the strut housing is a bit larger in diameter. In the rear, Blues have a longer rod than OEM and the shock housing is larger in diameter than OEM. In my experience, the Blues handled a mild drop spring better than OEM due to these differences.

To your point, are Blues meant to be purchased as replacements for OEM…yes, they are…we aren’t disagreeing.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
You misunderstood me. No need for me to “Do some research.”

What I meant is it’s not the same as OEM. Tokico Blues have a little shorter strut rod than OEM struts and the strut housing is a bit larger in diameter. In the rear, Blues have a longer rod than OEM and the shock housing is larger in diameter than OEM. In my experience, the Blues handled a mild drop spring better than OEM due to these differences.

To your point, are Blues meant to be purchased as replacements for OEM…yes, they are…we aren’t disagreeing.
I didn't say they're physically identical to OEM struts, I said they function the same as OEM.

1481 - 1488 of 1488 Posts